What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Swiftech Apogee GTZ question

krajee

Reading the installation instructions, I'm told to screw the four screws until they all bottom out. Two of them can go all the way just with my fingers. The other two are being stubborn, even with a screwdriver. I'm wondering how much will my performance be affected if I don't get all four screws all the way in? Possibly another question is did I do something wrong?

lowfat

Staff member
You won't get good mounting pressure. If they screws aren't going in all the way then chances are the screws are stripped or the backplate is. It was a common occurance w/ the GTZ. If you have another backplate from some other heatsink I would suggest trying it.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Then replace the screws and backplate. Nothing else you can do in regards to stripped threads.

KaptCrunch

Then replace the screws and backplate. Nothing else you can do in regards to stripped threads.

yes you can with heli-coils
About-Helicoil-Stripped-Repaired-Hole.jpg
or just RMA it

jigglylizard

I contacted them and they sent me free screws & mounting when mine were stripped... Its a known issue I believe.

Latest posts