What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Trying to dimension the EZDIY-FAB multi-angle GPU mounting bracket

draemn

Just a small little thing, I was trying to figure out how the GPU mounting bracket would fit in a 7 slot computer case at different angles with the top PCIe slot already in use (I have PCIe 1.0x sound card I want to fit in the case. https://www.amazon.ca/EZDIY-FAB-Multi-Angle-Adjustment-Vertical-Graphics/dp/B086GMHLYL

I made the assumption (based off scaling a picture of the case I'm planning to get) that there is a 9mm gap between the PSU shroud and the bottom of the PCIe slot on the case. I used the dimensions off the amazon listing site and scaled the image to determine the approximate point of rotation. Note, the white rectangles are what I believe to be the PCIe cut out, and the yellow line is supposed to be the centerline of the PCIe slot on the motherboard but I'm not 100% certain where it sits relative to the cut out.

So, with a completely vertical mount, it dosen't fit due to the thumb screw & GPU size being slightly larger than the bracket itself. The mount has to be moved far enough away from the motherboard to clear the slot (picture doesn't show the impact of the GPU height being larger than the bracket

With a 30 degree angle, it will be possible to silde it under *** IF *** your GPU isn't larger than the bracket, otherwise you'll have to tilt it a little more like 35 degrees. Note, the yellow line represents the

A 45 degree angle allows a significant amount of clearance with the top slot being used.

1604619576550.png

For some additional theory, I've drawn some extra lines to get a feel for how oversized GPUs will fit with this bracket. As you can see, you start having a lot of issues when the GPU becomes larger, especially if it's a triple slot GPU. My rough number for a 2.5 slot GPU would be a height that's 7mm over the bracket height. Not sure on what the max tilt angle possible with this device is, but scaling off the picture, gives me 50 degrees.
1604620172449.png
1604620426547.png

Latest posts