What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what else to use besides VLC and MPC?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
not sure what's going on, but both MPC and VLC have started to misbehave and have the video lock up while the audio continues. I've tried all the setting suggestions to remedy this, as apparently it's not an uncommon thing, but they just made it worse.

what else is out there that you use or recommend?

gingerbee

you really shouldn't need anything else (they play it all) if this is happening there must be something that is causing this problem cause I have never had it happen to both, to be honest if it did happen to one of them I was able to fix it. Winamp is still around

did you install the CCCP codec to see if it helps and are you having this happen with 4k data cause if that is the case then its the buffer size that is the problem but I think you would have thought of that 🥴🤘

Arinoth

Staff member
That would be my thoughts too at this point that it may have to do with the source file more then anything.

djbrad

In VLC, do you have video acceleration turned on / auto ?

You could try to turn it off. If no more bugs, it's video card related.

I use VLC for everything. In my new computer, I even read my blurays with it, no more power dvd.

Marzipan

you really shouldn't need anything else (they play it all) if this is happening there must be something that is causing this problem cause I have never had it happen to both, to be honest if it did happen to one of them I was able to fix it. Winamp is still around

did you install the CCCP codec to see if it helps and are you having this happen with 4k data cause if that is the case then its the buffer size that is the problem but I think you would have thought of that 🥴🤘
CCCP codec? I've always used the K-Lite pack with MPC.

Marzipan

Is this the same video across multiple players? If so, its likely the file itself (and what it was encoded with).

nope. I thought it may have been the file too, but it started happening with too many of them and sometimes a problem file would work. I can't think of any updates that were done to correlate to this problem beginning. I'll disable the HW acceleration and see what that does.

Shadowmeph

I use Kodi if there is a lot of TV shows or movies to watch then its VLC the is a codec pack and out there that isn't CCCP and I don't remember the name of it I haven't used it for a long while but its great it has all the codecs it actually asks you which OS you are using when you are installing then it asks a few other questions but again its been a couple of years since I have used it .

Latest posts