What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

who makes red, green and orange cases?

They were okay when it first came out but boy they do not age well. I assume the handles are soft plastic that turns all gummy and sticky?
I had one of those orange BF's when they 1st came out, and it was a fairly decent case for what it was, and I don't recall what the handles were made of, but I never noticed any of the gummy/sticky thing on mine...

But anyways, a few things to consider when painting a case, based on my own experiences from a few years ago, see pics below:

1) If your case is made of steel, but NOT aluminum, then depending on the quality of the original finish, you have 2 options:

A) Sand or sandblast it back to the bare metal, clean & blow it out thoroughly with an air compressor, not canned air, which isn't strong enough to get all of the dust particles out of the nooks & crannies. Then apply 2-3 thin coats of a high quality metal primer in a neutral color, most of which is light gray anyways, but don't use white, letting it dry overnight, then sand lightly & re-blow before applying then next coat. I used Rustoleum primer and Krylon for the color & sealer..but I'm in the US, so those brands may or may not be available up your way :)

Use them same coating process for the finished color & sealer/topcoat, and let it dry for at least 2 days before reassembling it.

B) You could use chemical stripper, which works just as well, but is messier and requires a lot more cleanup & may take more than one application to remove all of the original paint, depending on how well or how cheaply it was done.

Elcheapo cases typically use lower-grade paints & primers (if any), which come off easier, whereas better quality/more expensive) cases are usually primed & painted like a car, with multiple coats being applied & baked on in a heated clean room, with a nice glossy or matte clear sealer baked on as the final final topcoat....

The MAIN thing is: P*A*T*I*E*N*C*E*.... if you try to rush through it, the results will be less than satifactory !

Attachments

• 1201171758.jpg
    1201171758.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 1201171759.jpg
    1201171759.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Front close up with 2 extra fans.jpg
    Front close up with 2 extra fans.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Front no components.jpg
    Front no components.jpg