What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Windows 10 SLI?

Caldezar

I'm looking at a PC overhaul and I'm trying to decide if I should fresh install Windows 10. However, I run an 1440p, GTX 770 SLI setup and I'm wondering if there are still driver issues? Searching around, I'm seeing a wide variety of responses. I'm trying to pick out the people complaining simply because they're regurgitating old info, but it's tough.

Does anyone have any Win 10 SLI experience? Willing to shed a light on whether I should go down this path?

My alternative is to sell the 770's and move to a single 970 with the intent to eventually SLI again when drivers are stable. Although I'm not keen on stepping back in performance in the meantime. :blarg:

AriciU

I'm running 980ti's in sli with win10 pro x64. Used previous 2 official driver versions, currently on the 356.04 beta's. No problems here.

Caldezar

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Well, I have to do a fresh install anyway. (Moving from Sandy to Skylake) So I'll be making changes regardless... I suppose I could simply reinstall Windows 7 from scratch and keep moving forward, but I figure it's as good a time as any to move on if the platform is ready.

I'm running 980ti's in sli with win10 pro x64. Used previous 2 official driver versions, currently on the 356.04 beta's. No problems here.

This is really good to know, thanks. Makes me feel a bit more confident about a change.

AriciU

Yes, if windows pushes it's own drivers with each update then it could definately be the reason why so many people are complaining of "broken" SLI. Either that, their weak PSUs or a badly optimized game.

MARSTG

Make sure you have an ODD in the system, Win7 cannot install from USB stick on Skylake.

Vittra

ThE_MarD

Heyyo,

Windows 10 insider Preview? Yeah NVIDIA had a lot of poop drivers with SLI issues where it shared VRAM with system memory, so when my VRAM got above 80% load? It would swap to RAM and my framerate would tank as it couldn't decided if it wanted to keep using VRAM or RAM... as of the drivers released on July 29, 2015 v353.62 that came out same day as Windows 10 released? It has been fixed and it only potentially does this when you go over 100% VRAM usage like it should.

What I'm saying is if you look in the NVIDIA Control Panel it shows under system information for me...

Total Available Graphics Memory: 10225 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 2048 MB GDDR5
System Video Memory: 0 MB
Shared System Memory: 8177 MB

Latest posts