What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Z790 itx issues

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Like the 12900KS issues thread I'm finding this platform just down right problematic I can't get Gen 5 because of Intel's First slot PCIe hardware fault. Now I'm finding if I have my nvme in top m.2 slot it runs the drive at gen 3 I drop it to bottom slot it runs gen 4. But the GPU runs at Gen 3. Is it just a platform of disappointment line GNs disappointment builds?

Considering switching out for AMD at this point since Intel seems to have hardware faults and PCIe faults bakes into the platform.

Does AMD have these issues with there itx boards PCIe dropping 1-2 generations?

Current rig
Asus Strix z790-i Gaming wifi
Intel 14900K
Nvidia 3090FE Copper Modded(Gen 4) currently running Gen 3 16x
Revolt X 1000w PSU
Corsair MP700Pro 2TB (Gen 5) Gen 4 4x4

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Yeah it's older then few months I reread the manuel there is a dip switch that turns the lanes from auto to gen 4/3 I can test the coupon my z690 board see if it still behaves the same.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Well that fixed that issue far as I can see.moved it from auto to position 1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240506_051604_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20240506_051604_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 9
  • pcie 4x16.gif
    pcie 4x16.gif
    24.2 KB · Views: 9

Shadowarez

Folding Team
So far it survived the stress tests. Wonder if AMD gets Gen 5 nvme right out the gate without the PCIe fault this platform has.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Asus engineering at its finest, there is no option in bios other then the m.2_1 which you can set, there is no Dimm / Gpu post like i had on my x570 Dark Hero, from what i can tell auto this gen is horrible, i set the switch to position 1 and that forced the gpu to run full speed auto couldn't do that at one point upon boot up i seen a screen text say gpu in 8x mode i checked gpuz and sure enough it was pcie 8x but it was worse pcie 8x gen 3 then upon testing it dropped to Pcie Gen 3 x1 >< im going to have to redo the oc as well after the change iv seen hwinfo showing cpu pulling 1.65v to hit 6ghz on 2 cores :eek::mad:

Last edited:

Shadowarez

Folding Team
goodness this system does not want to be stable temps are in check not using AI Oc features, xmp, maybe i just need to set this system to stock and try tweak voltages swear the second i read the articles on the14900k having stability issues mine decided hey i can do that too i wanna belong ><

cant get more then 5 mins in Destiny 2 without crashes, Diabo 4 dont seem to care itll run regardless. im thinking it has to be the cpu having issues, the gpu has been copper modded temps are insanely good especially for the case its in (hot spot 64c core 56c) everthing is stock to rule out a bad gpu ill pull it out and put it through another stress test to double verify it can handle full screen 3d games.

Latest posts