What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

WinTV-HVR 1600: Channel Scanning

jerm

Hi everyone ! i'm new here and i have a problem with my hvr. i've been having the same prob is the guy in this topic "http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/troubleshooting/11530-win-tv-hvr-1600-not-finding-any-channels.html" but i cant seem to fix it the way he did. i can't find any channels and im connecting by a cable "rogers" and it works if i jus plug it into the tv. i'm also putting in canada, cable, and ntsc_m. should i change any settings or something?

in addition, when i tried to fix it, i found out that i have this "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Hauppauge\SMD07" but i dont have this "C:\WINDOWS\system32\Hauppauge\SoftMCE" as talked about in the topic above.

i'm totally confused with all this :censored: and i would greatly appreciate the help !

b1lk1

I personally never got my 1600 to work right under Vista. I switched my HTPC back to XP Media Center and it works perfectly. If you are running Vista, this card really does not work much with that OS.

jerm

I personally never got my 1600 to work right under Vista. I switched my HTPC back to XP Media Center and it works perfectly. If you are running Vista, this card really does not work much with that OS.

im using windows xp

chrisk

Folding Captain
I have used this card successfully with Vista 64 ultimate and XP. I had problems running it in the past after messing with video card drivers. In effect, the card would not recognize the analog tuner which could be an issue you have having.

As b1 mentioned, reinstall all the drivers. These are the newest ones (Hauppauge's site has a few places to get the drivers, and one of the places has the old ones so get the ones listed below):
Support for WinTV-HVR-1600
Prior to installing new drivers, uninstall all Hauppauge drivers and software, and download and run the following file:
http://hauppauge.lightpath.net/software/utils/hcwclear.exe

This second step was what allowed me to properly install the analog tuner. I had it working, but installed new video card drivers which screwed up the analog tuner (which happens easily).

jerm

I have used this card successfully with Vista 64 ultimate and XP. I had problems running it in the past after messing with video card drivers. In effect, the card would not recognize the analog tuner which could be an issue you have having.

As b1 mentioned, reinstall all the drivers. These are the newest ones (Hauppauge's site has a few places to get the drivers, and one of the places has the old ones so get the ones listed below):
Prior to installing new drivers, uninstall all Hauppauge drivers and software, and download and run the following file:

This second step was what allowed me to properly install the analog tuner. I had it working, but installed new video card drivers which screwed up the analog tuner (which happens easily).

thanks bro, im in the process of testing this out and i'll tell you what happens

jerm

hey man, i got the composite to work now.. and im getting channels but the channels like really staticy and it's only two channels :shok:

should i change the settings wen i scan for channels?

chrisk

Folding Captain
Just replied to your pm but I posted in here too in case someone else wants to pitch in and help.

Make sure you are attaching your cable to the right input on the back of the card. One is for digital and the other is for analog. You want to use the analog. Sounds like to me that you are getting over the air stations as if you are using antenna. Just make sure that you have the cable screwed into the right input and you are using "cable" and not "antenna".

After you have ensured the above you could also try another piece of software such as sageTV (download the trial) to see if its a software config issue.

jerm

hey people of hardwarecanucks
i wanna thank you guys for the help and i appreciate the time you guys put
but i'm going to return it for a monitor or something =P
thanks anyways though !

Latest posts