What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

32 FPS in crysis 8)

Overclocker~4.1

I think i got a nice score. and some good OC'n.

Attachments

• stock.jpg
    stock.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 387
  • gpu clocks.jpg
    gpu clocks.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 350
  • gpu2.jpg
    gpu2.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 370
  • what.jpg
    what.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

Overclocker~4.1

Tweak its voltages? I have heard you can do that, but only with a firmware update. And from what i hear.you can easly kill your card.... that and i have no clue on how to proceed with volt moding.

Kattivo

The 8800GTXs can't adjust the voltage with hardmods.

I think he means the ONLY way to increase the voltage on a 8800GTX is by performing a hardmod. The voltage cannot be changed in the video card's BIOS like a 4870 for example.

Edit: You should also be able to push the shaders and RAM some more on stock voltages.

Overclocker~4.1

Nah, i can drive the core up a little more. but anymore then that and my temps go up over 75-80 Degrees. and with my shaders and ram, anymore and the card crashes.

rjbarker

Edit: You should also be able to push the shaders and RAM some more on stock voltages.
I doubt it very much!! My old 8800 GTX Card would not OC all that great without Artifacts or very high temps!

Your OC on your 8800GTX is very good....I would be happy with that. the 8800 GTX was (and still is provided lower Res monitor) a very good GPU (only the ultra was better a few years ago!! I played right through Crysis on my 8800GTX at High settings (32 Bit) on a 19" native Res monitor!!

Overclocker~4.1

I played x64 high settings through crysis and warhead on win vista with an average of 28-30 FPS on one 8800GTX. and i'm suprised with my card. other then my ram, I have surpassed the ultras speeds... and your right, the OC on my card is verry good. and on air none the less. I cant wait to get this beast under water.

I absolutly love this card.. it is the best I have ever had. (mind you I havent tried any 200 series) and i Ihink my investment in it was quite justified. I wouldn't even trade it for a newer card. well, unless it was one of the 280's i'm after lol.

This voltage matter intrigues me tho. how is this process carried out? if at all possible, and what are the benefits? I am assuming it would have to be WC'd

Latest posts