What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Borderlands 2

On2wheels

I won't be tweaking the ini files yet, not for the first few playthroughs.
I love the lighting in this area, they did such a good job.
xPXdQ.jpg

Dzzope

Anyone heard about the farce that was the pre-order in Russia (actually anywhere east of Germany)?

Basically, thousands of people here pre-ordered through steam to buy the full version of the game(rather than a localized version you get for $15 out of shops)
Then, at the weekend, it was announced that basically if your in an ex-soviet country your getting lumbered with the RU version.
Many of the countries affected have very low numbers of Russian speakers, especially in the younger population.
Many of these countries were charged full western prices, or reasonably close to them rather than the Russian price.
No-one was told (not even the devs or the publisher for the rest of the world, 2k) until last weekend.
If you bought the addon pack it's incompatible with the RU version of the game, again no notification.
You cannot use the RU version outside of THEIR RU zone(by ip)
You cannot play against anyone other than other people with the RU version.
The translations are apparently horrible even for those that do speak Russian.
There is rarely any support, patches, DLC released for RU versions (from this publisher at least, 1C)

Dunno about the rest of you, but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Especially as I am one of the people in an ex soviet country who pre-ordered what appeared to be
(was the only version available and the same as the UK when looked at through a proxy for regional stores) a normal full version of a game like any other which I wanted to and indeed did buy through steam.

headsh0t

Anyone heard about the farce that was the pre-order in Russia (actually anywhere east of Germany)?

Basically, thousands of people here pre-ordered through steam to buy the full version of the game(rather than a localized version you get for $15 out of shops)
Then, at the weekend, it was announced that basically if your in an ex-soviet country your getting lumbered with the RU version.
Many of the countries affected have very low numbers of Russian speakers, especially in the younger population.
Many of these countries were charged full western prices, or reasonably close to them rather than the Russian price.
No-one was told (not even the devs or the publisher for the rest of the world, 2k) until last weekend.
If you bought the addon pack it's incompatible with the RU version of the game, again no notification.
You cannot use the RU version outside of THEIR RU zone(by ip)
You cannot play against anyone other than other people with the RU version.
The translations are apparently horrible even for those that do speak Russian.
There is rarely any support, patches, DLC released for RU versions (from this publisher at least, 1C)

Dunno about the rest of you, but this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Especially as I am one of the people in an ex soviet country who pre-ordered what appeared to be
(was the only version available and the same as the UK when looked at through a proxy for regional stores) a normal full version of a game like any other which I wanted to and indeed did buy through steam.

Yes I heard about that. Is that Steam's doing then?

On2wheels

So... apparently there is a .ini file that you can modify to give yourself as many gold keys as you want for the chest in Sanctuary as well as change your game to Special Edition to get the in-game weapons if you didn't preorder. The Unlock ID's are (1)Regular (2)Premium (3)Special Edition (4)Vault Collector's Edition. Anything Premium and up includes the starter Gearbox weapons, and 3 & 4 (Special and Vault Edition) come with 2 bonus skins and a grenade mod I believe.

Use it if you want but the gold keys will give you as many awesome weapons from the chest that you want but will ruin the whole loot hunt for a better weapon. Just putting it out there!
Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic RE: Golden Keys. Exploit patched, no punishment (we get the temptation: doors unlocked, keys in the ignition).

Bloodystumps

Randy Pitchford ‏@DuvalMagic RE: Golden Keys. Exploit patched, no punishment (we get the temptation: doors unlocked, keys in the ignition).

yea everybody I know has blown their key not realizing it was a one time use , but for some reason I have 4 not sure and I can only find one other person on the net that has come in to 4 keys for a unapparent reason .

so if this is patched you are saying that this INI file can no longer be modded ?

Last edited:

Dzzope

Yes I heard about that. Is that Steam's doing then?

No.. the publisher.. (not 2k) as steam is only the distributor.

It does appear that they have now given me both versions of the game though..
Which was the best thing for them to do as it would have been a HUGE PR disaster if they had done pretty much anything else..

Kinda sucks a lil bit though.. I got a mate in the UK to buy a 4 pack and only saw that it was there after he bought it and couldn't gift it to me..
Woulda been nice to have been told.. but hey I can just sell it on anyway..

Bloodystumps

Yeah used my key by accident as well, didn't realise it was the chest until after I opened it.

If you link your Shift account to Borderlands 2 from within the game (Main Menu -> Extras -> Shift Code) a Golden Key will be automatically added to your in-game inventory.

if you have already done this you can unlink that account @ https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/ and then re register it and should get a new key .

I do believe it is a one time deal tho I am not sure, some people are saying it has worked for them .

For some reason I have 4 Golden keys, I have no idea how I managed that , I didn't even notice till some one told me to Reg at Gearbox then when I looked I had 4 .

most my buds just instinctively opened the box and every time the guns are Purple which is the 4th least rarest 16-49 chance which is not that rare ..

Level Color Rarity
1 White 0-4
2 Green 5-10
3 Blue 11-15
4 Purple 16-49
5 Yellow 50-60
6 Orange 61-65
7 Dark Orange 66-100
8 Pearlescent 101+

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Interesting game, I wonder if Tarantino was involved since there is a definite feel a la Pulp Fiction. And the sound track is great indeed.

Latest posts