What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

what DAC, AMP, Speakers & Headphones do you have?

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I don't have a DAC or AMP yet, but I intend on buying the Schiit Modi 2 and Magni 3.

for headphones, I have the Stax 2170's (electrostatic), HiFiMan HE-350's (dynamic) and HiFiMan HE-4xx's (magnetic planar).

for speakers, I just got the Kanto YU6 and SUB8, plus I've got the B&O BeoPlay s8's.

Lysrin

Most of my stuff is listed in my system info but here it is again:

- Mayflower Electronics O2+ODAC headphone amp for output :thumb:
- Cheap USB soundcard for mic input. USB cleans up any mic hiss.
- Sennheiser PC360 SE headset
- Speakers - just a 2.1 set of Logitech desktop speakers. Nothing special. Almost all my use is inside my headset.
- I also have a set of Kingston HyperX Cloud (original ones) should I ever feel the need for a closed headset.

The Great Gazoo

I have a Creative ZxR soundcard in my rig as my DAC. Yes, SoundBlaster, but it's not your grandpa's SoundBlaster, the ZxR is awesome; check its specs. I still love the sound that Burr Brown DACs create, although I know they have been supplanted with newer tech these days. I've kept the swappable op-amps stock, but might play around with them a bit in the future. I needed something at would decode DTS and up to 192kHz Hi-Res audio. I run Logitech Z906 speakers because I also use my system to play a Rasp Pi, AppleTV 4K, Shaw PVR and of course my computer. I wanted a sound card that could run 5.1 speakers for watching movies and didn't want to go with a full blown AV receiver. My headset is an older set of Sennheiser S360 for gaming (rarely used) or I use my Shure E5c headphones that are 10+ years old and are still great for listening to music.

Prickly007

Use to have a soundcard, but now it's onboard and Klipsch 4.1s, which just had their fifteenth, or is it sixteenth, birthday recently.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I use a Sennheiser GSX1000 DAC and Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1 headphones. I have some cheap Creative speakers on my desk but they haven't been hooked up for at least 18 months.

Jokester

Audio Engine D1 DAC, Audio Engine A2+ speakers, and AKG K7xx headphones that I just got which replaced my Sennheiser HD-25-1 II headphones.

Cannon Fodder

for speakers, I just got the Kanto YU6 and SUB8, plus I've got the B&O BeoPlay s8's.

Speaking of which, you never did say, over on the NCIX forums, what those Kantos were like, since it seemed you didn't have them hooked up when last asked about them..... would I be safe in assuming you've gotten around to trying them out by now?

zoob

Odac + o2 amp
- audiotechnica m50x
- sennheiser hd598

Creative titanium hd with lme49720 can amps (forgot why... they were supposed to be good)

Altec Lansing mx5021 speakers with burrbrown opamps

Tv has a cheapie Yamaha 6063 and first gen Emotiva XPA5 driving old custom built Statement full towers + centre channel

Mee M6P for my cellphone when commuting

Latest posts