What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

best mechanical keyboards that have silicon covers available for them?

Izerous

Folding Team
Last mech keyboard I picked up was $49.99 so you lost me at membrane.

G

Last mech keyboard I picked up was $49.99 so you lost me at membrane.
Yeah been years since I used a membrane kb, if they have a issue they are pretty much done. Mech kb I just replace the switch.

Lpfan4ever

...move your keyboard when you eat?

Usually the only ones I see regularly with silicone covers are the OEM generic keyboards that are included with their systems.

lowfat

Staff member
what keys are used in the standard keyboards from MS, Logitech, etc? I thought the tech was called membrane...
They are. But this day in age you'll be hard pressed to find people on computer hardware enthusiast forums capable of recommending a good membrane keyboard. Everyone has moved to mechanical by now.

Izerous

Folding Team
The mess is one of the reasons I started buying the mechanical keyboards with the floating key or whatever you want to call them.

Just a quick google suggests memory express has covers for things like ducky keyboards. So a blue based ducky with a cover like that seems to be what your after.

In the garage I actually had a rollup membrane keyboard for a while but it was the most miserable typing experience and I'd not wish one on anyone except for say a POS system at an autobody shop or something.

Latest posts