What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Happy thread!

sswilson

Staff member
Thought it was super cool. Check engine light is just a 'fuel line slow pressure leak' ☺️

Today got a new windshield in about 100K. Damn, it feels like an HD upgrade. Didn't think life was so clear. :oops:

I had one of those about a month ago (although I don't believe the code actually said fuel "line", it just referred to the system). Fortunately it cleared and hasn't come back.

lowfat

Staff member
I had one of those about a month ago (although I don't believe the code actually said fuel "line", it just referred to the system). Fortunately it cleared and hasn't come back.
Could be fuel system. I'm going from memory. It appears and disappears over and over. Going on for a year. Every time I take it to the shop to get looked at it disappears when it gets there.

I check codes every month or two to make sure something new hasn't shown up. :p

Last edited:

FreeKnight

I won't call it a 'Happy thread' post, but it's not really a rant either...

I'm a couple days away from deactivating and deleting facebook and instagram. I've been considering it for about a year and it's just such a shitty company that it's well overdue. Just giving it a few days for anyone who needed my contact info to reach out.

I'm lucky that social media was never that bad for me. I had kept my friends list pretty small (about 50) and had enough block and filter settings that I really only got CBC news, new YEG restaurant info and science stuff out of facebook. I long ago hid or deleted any personal info and posts I could so even from a privacy standpoint I was better off than most. Even with all that, I can't justify doing anything that gives such a shit company money. Hell at this point I'd give a Microsoft version of social media a try because even they're more trustworth :S

On the upside it kind of feels good knowing I'm one less person padding Zuckerberg's ill-fattened wallet.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team

I'm a couple days away from deactivating and deleting facebook and instagram. I've been considering it for about a year and it's just such a shitty company that it's well overdue. Just giving it a few days for anyone who needed my contact info to reach out.

I'm lucky that social media was never that bad for me. I had kept my friends list pretty small (about 50) and had enough block and filter settings that I really only got CBC news, new YEG restaurant info and science stuff out of facebook. I long ago hid or deleted any personal info and posts I could so even from a privacy standpoint I was better off than most. Even with all that, I can't justify doing anything that gives such a shit company money. Hell at this point I'd give a Microsoft version of social media a try because even they're more trustworth :S

On the upside it kind of feels good knowing I'm one less person padding Zuckerberg's ill-fattened wallet.

Did it a couple years ago. Once you lose the toxicity its pritty liberating tbh.

sswilson

Staff member
I cut the FB cord within a couple of years after moving here to Moncton (2008).

It was the year they changed their privacy settings/policy 3 or 4 times within the space of as many months, and it was obvious (well to me anyways) that they were just going to keep at that until they wore everybody down to the point where they just left those settings at default (wide open).

Haven't looked back with the only hiccups being the occasional business that only has a FB online presence (which just means that I take my business elsewhere).

Make sure you do your research WRT pulling the FB plug. There are very specific steps that need to be taken and even then (IIRC) FB keeps your account around for several months before actually deleting the account.

FreeKnight

Did it a couple years ago. Once you lose the toxicity its pritty liberating tbh.
I'm lucky that I don't have any toxic people on my friends list, and I'm not following any groups spewing anti-vax or conspiracy theorist nonsense. It's the only reason I've kept it as long as I have, it's really a tool for organizing meetups with a few friends, keeping a way to contact old friends overseas and getting info on some new restaurants or date ideas. My experience hasn't been as awful as most.
But it's still a shit company owned by a shit human being so, time to go.
*snip*
Make sure you do your research WRT pulling the FB plug. There are very specific steps that need to be taken and even then (IIRC) FB keeps your account around for several months before actually deleting the account.
Yeah, I've looked into that, but it's a good reminder that if you're not careful your account just lingers as deactivated.

clshades

The click bate advertising does my head in.

Lysrin

I'm lucky that I don't have any toxic people on my friends list, and I'm not following any groups spewing anti-vax or conspiracy theorist nonsense. It's the only reason I've kept it as long as I have, it's really a tool for organizing meetups with a few friends, keeping a way to contact old friends overseas and getting info on some new restaurants or date ideas. My experience hasn't been as awful as most.
But it's still a shit company owned by a shit human being so, time to go.

Yeah, I've looked into that, but it's a good reminder that if you're not careful your account just lingers as deactivated.
Similar for me. Family member geographically dispersed use it so it works for keeping in touch with them, and groups I am involved in distribute their information on that platform. The barn we ride horses at for example for ride schedules, photos, etc.

So because of those things it lingers in my social media footprint...

I'm thinking of ditching Twitter too these days. Years back when I first joined it liked it a lot. It was a great place for just short snippets from people and topics I am interested in. But now, whewie... it is a toxic cesspool of nonsense with more unsolicited and sponsored tweets pushed at me every time I look at it! Not to mention all the content that I just have to outright block.

As the old saying goes, "this is why we can't have nice things!" lol

Latest posts