What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The big AMD GPU reveal.....BANG!

Ernimus Prime

Well, I wanted a RX 6800 xt. But after stock fiascal and prices of the AIB cards. And actually able to buy a RTX 3080. I'm pretty happy. AMD blew it. They could have had more stock and beat Nvidia. I would have bought a RX 6800 xt. Oh well. They lost my money.

Jokester

Truth is AMD dgaf about their gpu.

"In Q4, AMD is set to use ~120K wafers for console SOCs, 80K for PS5 + 40K for XSX. This is 80% of 7N wafers allocated to AMD in Q4."

GeezerGamer

Here comes my card(soon it shows?) and there goes my$$$$$$ Gonna hurt!
Seeing how originally I thought it'd be a 6900XT this 6800XT partner card at $100 less should make me happy......right?
Doesn't feel right:(

Last edited:

Bond007

Here comes my card(soon it shows?) and there goes my$$$$$$ Gonna hurt!
Seeing how originally I thought it'd be a 6900XT this 6800XT partner card at $100 less should make me happy......right?
Doesn't feel right:(

I won’t speak to the specific model, or price (since they are crazy and all over the place), but personally I think the 6800XT is a much better option over the 6900XT. The value just plummets (at MSRP) with the 6900XT, and it really isn't that big of a gain.

Last edited:

GeezerGamer

I won’t speak to the specific model, or price (since they are crazy and all over the place), but personally I think the 6800XT is a much better option over the 6900XT. The value just plummets (at MSRP) with the 6900, and it really is t that big of a gain.
Agreed! After seeing many reviews stating only a few % performance increase for the 6900, the 6800 makes most sense.
If looking at an AIB 6900X it'll cost a heck of a lot more!