What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

1080Ti SLi FC EKWB w Nickel Backplates

JMCD

Will be Intel for sure....still on the fence between Z370 and X299....if my notification from Egg has the RVIE in stock i "may" go against my better judgement and pull the pin on it along with a 7900X :whistle:

Im just running a bunch of Benches now and Heaven looping 1440p Ultra Extreme x8 GPU 1 40c GPU 2 39C so looks good ....mild OC on both Cards with AB +75 Core / +250 Memory..no added voltage Both Cards Boost to 2050 with this OC

Very nice temps indeed, especially with 2 gpus going.

rjbarker

Very nice temps indeed, especially with 2 gpus going.

Im just running the 3930K at 4.8 Ghz for these benches as well....looking at temps as this is the first time ive used Noctua Thermal Grease.

Well I had the loop drained I took the Supremacy CPU Block apart and cleaned it....didnt bother replacing tubing as this was done last March / April.....flushed and leak tested initially with Distilled...drained and went with EK Concentrate clear fluid (mix it with 900 ml distilled for 1 Liter......my loop takes around 1.5 Liters to fill! :thumb:

Firestrike Extreme
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14167916

rjbarker

Loop has settled right in now....looping Heaven for an hour...GPU 1 - 47c GPU 2 - 48c ......thats both Cards running 2064 Mhz for the full hour (+ 78 Core / +225 Memory)....the nickel backplates get really hot...as in too hot to touch (dont recall my 780Ti Acetol backplates getting that hot).....I guess provided the Cores stay relatively cool and no throttling all is good.

Do those full load temps see ok guys for Heaven looping for an hour? (both GPU's running at 99% throughout) ?

Bartacus

Loop has settled right in now....looping Heaven for an hour...GPU 1 - 47c GPU 2 - 48c ......thats both Cards running 2064 Mhz for the full hour (+ 78 Core / +225 Memory)....the nickel backplates get really hot...as in too hot to touch (dont recall my 780Ti Acetol backplates getting that hot).....I guess provided the Cores stay relatively cool and no throttling all is good.

Do those full load temps see ok guys for Heaven looping for an hour? (both GPU's running at 99% throughout) ?

Is your rad set up the same one you mentioned in the first post (480 / 360 / 240)? If so, what fans are you running? Also, what's the ambient temps in the room where the PC is? You sound like you have tons of rad, so I'm kinda surprised that you're approaching 50C on the GPUs. That's a nice temp and all that, but it sounds a touch high considering the rad space.

turtletrax

Banned
I had two 1080s with heatkiller blocks with power mod bios on them on a 480 rad. Never really saw above 42c in a room at about 20c or lower.

My loop was quite restrictive with hard 90 fittings all over the place, so I am surprised to see those temps too.

Bartacus

Yeah it sounded high to me too, but I have more rads than most so it's hard for me to compare. Plus I have HeatKiller blocks on my TIs, not EK.

rjbarker

Room at 18c - 20c......the GPU's idle at whatever the room temp is (which they should)....same Rad set-up....480 ...360 and 240...there low density fins with High Static Pressure low RPM Corsair Fans (theyre all set-up fine on a variable speed fan controller)...i noticed my 3930K CPU running warmer than it used to.....not sure what the deal is....
....could be some air still not bled out completely.....or perhaps the entire loop should be disassembled and rads flushed......
I'll keep playing around with it and see how it does...seems to me my 780Ti's under full load never went above 46c ....so a few days warmer.....but then the 1080Ti's I believe are more power hungry than the 780Ti's.....

rjbarker

rjbarker: any flow meter installed? I'm guessing not, since most people don't take it that far. :)

no ive never used em.....my pump is efintely runing and set to 2800 RPM.....can feel and hear water movement.....Im suspecting something inhibiting water flow thru my Supremacy CPU Block....I did have it apart....
My OCD will get the better of me and ill likely wind up draiing and disaasembling.....although this maybe the time to go with a new Z370 system :thumb:

Bartacus

Does the Supremacy have a jet plate? If you had it apart, could you have re-assembled it incorrectly? I know on some blocks that's pretty easy to do (I have no experience with EK CPU blocks).

Latest posts