What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

2x6950cf vs 7970

simsin

thats what i thought.

Well, it seems its either psu+6950
or
financially seems like the 7970 makes the most sense or maybe a 7950 seems the difference isnt that great.

Last edited:

simsin

In your case the PSU is a problem for 2 cards (in all honestly I'd even want a 750W or better) for the 7970 everyone is recommending you get instead of xfire the 6950's!

As for cards it comes down to what you want and what you can get for your current if you do want to upgrade to one of the better single card solutions.

Guys I feel embarassed. I made a pretty big mistake. My PSU is actually a tx750m so I think I might be good for 2 x 6950

whats the verdict in light of this new info still stick to the 7970?

Last edited:

bigFOIG

750w should be enough for your 2x 6950s. I have a highly OC'd i7, and had 2 unlocked 6950s in CF for a few days and it ran well. I played some games with it with no problem other than heat. I know I was pushing my HX650 but it worked none the less. If I did stress testing on my stuff it probably would have crashed, but since you have a 750w, it should work fine.

simsin

750w should be enough for your 2x 6950s. I have a highly OC'd i7, and had 2 unlocked 6950s in CF for a few days and it ran well. I played some games with it with no problem other than heat. I know I was pushing my HX650 but it worked none the less. If I did stress testing on my stuff it probably would have crashed, but since you have a 750w, it should work fine.

big thanks, didnt want to dive into cf if the PSU wouldnt hold up.

So I might consider the cf after all if i can get a deal. Thanks

Bloodystumps

I just found this site the other day so I ran the calculator and found I may be up to the max of my PSU , Now I have no idea if that is a accurate calculator or not .

Seems like it maybe and I am running crossfire 6950s

supeg

IMO If one card has approx 80% performance of previous gen SLI/Crossfire I get that. I see microstutters in every game when SLI/Crossfire and it drives me nuts.

Latest posts