What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Auzentech Cappuccino EX Sneak Peek

Robscix

I have a new sneak peek of the upcoming Auzentech Cappuccino EX external interface.
You can have a look here:-> Link
I will try and keep the information updated for those interested.

Questions, comments?

ilya

Is this supposed to be a high end product to compete with something like Asus's new amp/dac? (xonar essence one?) Because if it is, I don't see how it can be USB powered, unless the headphone amp is merely a decorative piece. It wouldn't have enough voltage or power.

"Pointing Ground Design™" - I'm assuming that means the unit uses a virtual ground? I don't really understand the choice - if it's supposed to be a high end desktop/hifi dac/amp, wouldn't using a virtual ground be an unnecessary sq liability?

Jonesy

Because if it is, I don't see how it can be USB powered, unless the headphone amp is merely a decorative piece. It wouldn't have enough voltage or power.
While it wont match the power output of high end amps. You can't forget that you can push a decent amount of power through USB using programs like Asus Ai Charger or the MSI variant. You can also build half decent pocket amps (CMoy Amp) to run on a single 9v battery. While they aren't the most powerful / best sounding they certainly aren't garbage. Which is what Auzentech is probably going for. Unless they release it at the $100 + price point, at which point a Headroom Total AirHead will be the better option.

Jackquelegs

For a possible 249$ external DAC box..I wonder how much better it'll be to the Fiio E7 and Ibasso Dzero

Robscix

While it wont match the power output of high end amps. You can't forget that you can push a decent amount of power through USB using programs like Asus Ai Charger or the MSI variant. You can also build half decent pocket amps (CMoy Amp) to run on a single 9v battery. While they aren't the most powerful / best sounding they certainly aren't garbage. Which is what Auzentech is probably going for. Unless they release it at the $100 + price point, at which point a Headroom Total AirHead will be the better option.
The airhead runs on 6 volts... it really depends on what they have done with the circuitry.
I think they are going more for the external DAC with this unit as based on the specifications it seems the used a high end unit. It is hard to know until we get a good peek under the hood.:punk:

Last edited:

Robscix

For a possible 249$ external DAC box..I wonder how much better it'll be to the Fiio E7 and Ibasso Dzero
It is hard to know right now, as the specs for the units are pretty sweet but we will have to wait for the testing from reviewers and end users to know how it compares to other devices.

Robscix

Is this supposed to be a high end product to compete with something like Asus's new amp/dac? (xonar essence one?) Because if it is, I don't see how it can be USB powered, unless the headphone amp is merely a decorative piece. It wouldn't have enough voltage or power.

"Pointing Ground Design™" - I'm assuming that means the unit uses a virtual ground? I don't really understand the choice - if it's supposed to be a high end desktop/hifi dac/amp, wouldn't using a virtual ground be an unnecessary sq liability?

This new device is not meant to compete with a product like the Essence one as they have very different features sets. Auzen is going for a more "compact Premium" design for use with laptops or desktops.

As for your question about power requirements of headphones:
Auzentech uses their own cable that allows the end user to use external power for more demanding headphones up to 600ohm.

Hope that helps answer your questions.

Latest posts