What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BFG GTX 285 OCX Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Another week another GTX 285 review at Hardware Canucks. This time we look at BFG's performance monster: the GTX 285 OCX.

While its performance is almost a mirror image to that of the EVGA SSC, all of us Canadians need to pay special attention to BFG's RMA policy for Canada. That in itself should have you looking more closely at their cards.

You can find the review here: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...97-bfg-gtx-285-ocx-1gb-video-card-review.html

Enjoy!!!

285OCX-8.jpg

Eagle Eye

Great review there Sky!!

Simliar resuts to the EVGA card in most cases I guess choice will come down to personal preference and as mentioned a BFG RMA depot is available in Canada as apposed to having to ship to the US for EVGA.

EE

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Really? Hmmm...I prefer these looks to those of the EVGA card actually.

MonsterSound

Another great review SKYMTL, thanks. I'm tempted to step-up my BFG 260 maxcore to the 285 now. hmmm

zlojack

My only issue with the BFG warranty and the only reason I went with EVGA is that EVGA allows you to remove the stock cooling and overclock while BFG doesn't (I see you mentioned this in your review). Other than that, nice card and great review and very good point about the Canadian RMA thing.

Eagle Eye

Its no wonder why EVGA sells so many card than, there is certainly something to be said about a company that supports the enthusiasts initiative. In BFG's case you'll just have to settle for their factory cooled and overclocked products.

EE

Latest posts