What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Black Friday / November Sales 2015

Vittra

So.... what do you think?
If you did actually buy one, you might want to put the headphone jack through it's paces... static seems to be a common complaint.

I'll try it out, but I won't be too concerned if that's the case since I'll rarely use that. I was just looking for something cheap to replace the relatively pointless brick that is my Playbook.

It's about what you'd expect for a "no-name" tablet. Build quality is lackluster (creaks when flexing or pressing corners of unit), ips bleed/glow, etc. The atom proc handles Win10 quite well though and boot times clock in around 5-7 seconds.

Vittra

I ended up returning that tablet today. Connection would slow down and randomly interrupt/disconnect, even with sitting right next to the router. It would also freeze while doing a basic tasks like attempting to navigate through folders in Windows Explorer. No thanks.

Gearbest has a Cherry Trail based Z8300 with 2GB of ram for 87.99 USD shipped, so about $117CAD. Teclast X80 Plus. Likely to be a far better option, especially if the GPU is needed, though I'm just going to consider some more high end options instead.

I'm surprised at some of the hardware coming directly from China, like the Teclast X18 Power. Those specs dominate the Surface 3 (non-pro) handily.

crazyea