What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Cold Boot Freezing issue.

Sheep

The bus speed and multi are now fine, the CPU volts look damn low (1.088V?), and the ram is fine. Double-check the settings in regards to the Vcore.

Idling the CPU volts are 1.104 (1600mhz)
Loading the CPU volts are 1.088V (2800mhz)

What should they be? What should the BIOS settings be?

Thanks,
Brian

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
1.1V at idle is fine - CPU-z was showing some Vdroop. All is fine. Try to cold boot tomorrow. If it doesn't work, time to disassemble.

Sheep

1.1V at idle is fine - CPU-z was showing some Vdroop. All is fine. Try to cold boot tomorrow. If it doesn't work, time to disassemble.

OK thanks. I am actually transferring this rig to an Antec 900, and putting it in my bedroom (Gaming on a couch isn't that great). If the problem is still happening, I will send the computer back to NCIX for diagnostics, then transfer the parts once all is well.

I still have this lingering feeling that all the TIM has submerged the CPU socket.

Thanks for your help,
Sheep

3.0charlie

If that's the case, use 99% alcohol to clean it up. Use a damp rag, and let it rest over the mess for a few seconds. It will allow easy removal of the paste.

3.0charlie

It should be described in your manual, but the Gigabytes are real easy to reset the CMOS.

Disconnect main power from PSU.

Cycle Power switch a few times.

Find the onboard battery. Remove it.

Find the CMOS jumper - should be close to the battery. Swap pins with the jumper: ex. it's on pins 2-3, jump pins 1-2 instead.

Wait 2 minutes.

Relocate jumper to pins 2-3 (example).

Re-install battery.

Re-connect the main PSU cable.

Start it up. Access BIOS, Load Optimized Defaults. Reboot.

Latest posts