What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Comment Thread for Apex 460W & 600W PSU Review

sswilson

Staff member
Once again we see the dreaded "rated by max power rather than continuous" PSU standard. Makes it awfully hard for the average user to make a good choice without having to do a lot of research.

Nice to see a couple of 22A rails though, is there a breakdown of what comes off of each rail besides the cpu of of 12V1?

Also nice to see 2 floppy connectors.... I'm not sure about other boards, but that's a nice touch for those of us with both molex & floppy connections required by our mobos.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Once again we see the dreaded "rated by max power rather than continuous" PSU standard. Makes it awfully hard for the average user to make a good choice without having to do a lot of research.

Bingo. PSUs are a huge business these days and some companies are really messing things up with trumped-up ratings.

Nice to see a couple of 22A rails though, is there a breakdown of what comes off of each rail besides the cpu of of 12V1?

I would GUESS that it is the CPU on the +12V1 rail with everything else on the other. I didn't include this because it is only a guess because for the life of me, I couldn't trace the wires. :sad:

Latest posts