What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Work in progress Corsair v70 Vengeance Case Mod: Planetside 2

Mnpctech

It won't be necessary, they will be hidden out of sight :thumb:

I'm giving the 2x120mm radiator grill a more detailed look with simulated armored plates. I made these piece from 1/8" thick clear acrylic sheet that I will paint in matching Metallic Blue and airbrush with weathered effects. It will also have simulated vents made from Round Modders Mesh

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill1.jpg

I used my Vertical saw to cut the basic shapes from the acrylic.

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill2.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill3.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill4.jpg

I used a Rotary Tool with cutting wheel to cut the center for the mesh backing

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill5.jpg

Mnpctech

The industrial style rad pieces were painted yesterday in Metallic Blue! Next step will be adding weathered and airbrushing distressed surface effects, to match the exterior finish I've created.

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill7.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill8.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9.jpg

I'll be using M4 x 30mm socket head radiator screws to attach thru these two pieces, then into the machined 240 radiator grill.

M4_30mm_silver_screws_radiator_grills_watercooling_mnpctech.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9a.jpg

I'll be airbrushing the grill and inserts next!

Mnpctech

Details for the 240 radiator grill today, H100 installed with the Blue LED Prolimatech fans inside, next stage is airbrushing tomorrow, adding weathered and distressed effect around the edges and perforated grill inserts.

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9c.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9d.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9e.jpg

Mnpctech

I've attached another New Conglomerate 120mm grill to the backside of the front intake fan. I dont offer this as service, but If you're looking for a "Laser Cutters" that welcome small specialty jobs from PC Modders! Laser Cutting Service, Inc. | Birmingham, Alabama - Welcome

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_intake1.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_intake2.jpg

I found these stainless steel 10/32 thread nuts for mounting the grill at the local hardware store awhile back...

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_intake3.jpg

Pabz0r545

I've attached another New Conglomerate 120mm grill to the backside of the front intake fan. I dont offer this as service, but If you're looking for a "Laser Cutters" that welcome small specialty jobs from PC Modders! Laser Cutting Service, Inc. | Birmingham, Alabama - Welcome

THe whole mod is lookin pro as usual! Although I would have expected those little grill accents on the top fan mount to be painted yellow.

Just out of curiosity how much does a custom fan grill like that one you posted cost from that shop?

Mnpctech

wasnt feelin more Yellow in those...

I don't use them, but know of other Modders who have in the past....and like any other service, price will depend on quantity and design, I'd expect to pay between $50 - $80 set-up fee... You will save money if you give them a .DFX or .DWG file to spec, so all they have to do is Run it.... If they have to redesign to tweak the file, expect to pay a fee.

Mnpctech

I'm using airbrush to add weathered effects on the top H100 radiator grill with Iwata HP-CH airbrush gun with Black Enamel paint.

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9f.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9g.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9h.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9i.jpg

I'm using airbrush to add weathered effects on the top H100 radiator grill with Iwata HP-CH airbrush gun with Black Enamel paint.

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9f.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9g.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9h.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9i.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9m.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9j.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9k.jpg

Bare exposed steel effect added...

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9l.jpg

Next I'll be adding more airbrushed weathered effects to the exterior of the case, including bullet holes

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9j.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9k.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint9h_240_radiator_grill9l.jpg

Next I'll be adding more airbrushed weathered effects to the exterior of the case, including bullet holes

Mnpctech

I'm imagining this Planetside 2 New Conglomerate case will see a lot of action in the Battlefield, so I've created some bullet holes, for the past year I've been mentored by our painter Brad in "The ways of the airbrush"...I've done bullets with templates in the past, but this time I went freehand with Iwata HP-CH airbrush gun, using Silver and Black Enamel paint.

There is a lot of different DIY techniques for creating bullet holes with an airbrush, you can use templates that you make make yourself with construction paper...don't waste your money on retail templates...

Don Johnson has a decent video tutorial to creating bullet holes on YouTube
and another DIY airbrushing guide to creating bullet holes

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint_bullet1.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint_bullet2.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint_bullet3.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint_bullet1a.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_custom_paint_bullet4.jpg

Mnpctech

heres pics of the Bitfenix RECON installed and working, next stage is painting the ASUS Bluray drive, stay tuned for another update!

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_bitfenix_recon_paint9.jpg

planetside2_corsair_c70_case_mod_gaming_pc_higby_fan_grill_mnpctech_120_turbine9.jpg

Latest posts