What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Could nvidia or AMD make a really extreme performance card by adding more stuff?

Masteroderus

Could they already make a beast that performs 2 times better than the titan for example? just double the GPU power,add 5000 extra cuda cores,i don't know,or is it impossible at this time?

It exists. It's called "sli titans" :rofl:

bliz

Yeah,having a 3rd titan is so useful,when it lowers the performance in any game compared to 2 titans :bleh:

Bond007

Of course it COULD be done. The issues would be power draw, heat dissipation, and a big one would be card defects. The more transistors there are the greater the chance some of them will be defective (meaning wasted money and silicon that can't reach its potential). The market would be so small for that type of card it would never be profitable IMO.

Ralph007

Law of diminshing return

Not that I have expereience as the others on the site I would agree there is going to be a point of law of diminishing returns the simple rule is that the marginal input into a fixed input will eventually lead to the marginal law of diminishing returns and eventually a negative marginal output. Therefore a interesting point but unless you want to build a supercompter for commercial reasons I see it as a pointless exercise and commercially how many will pay for such an esoteric rig. My other rig is a Dell XPS 8700GTX *2 and xps SLI laptop now agreed they do not hit the benchmarks but they can still play all the games at near top resolution. But I am not a convinced fan of SLI because of the law of diminishing return and if you buy a Titan and rig it with the right components then it should be more than enough to run NASA:rofl:

Latest posts