What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Did M$ go out of their way to break GMail with the last update???

sswilson

Staff member
Grrrrr.........

I've been using GMail as my main account since I moved (needed an on-line addy for the transition). Everything was fine under IE until this week's M$ security update, and now I'm getting an error trying to access (goes away after two attempts to get to the Gmail site).

Are they trying to force me to take up hotmail rather than GMail???? Sorry folks, but if it continues I'll just switch my browser over to FF from IE. :angry2::angry2::angry2:

cadaveca

Banned
Um, my wife's box has this problem ,has had it for many months, but mine does not. Sometimes she can go a week without seeing it, but other times it's every time. It's not the update, for sure.

Eldonko

Working fine on FF, could be an IE issue I suppose, since I never had 1 issue with FF and gmail at this point.

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmmmm

Well, I do regular updates (at least weekly) and I've been using GMail paired with IE for the last 2 months without seeing this problem until after the latest update. Maybe Google is doing something.... maybe has something to do with their new browser???? :ph34r: :blarg:

sswilson

Staff member
Working fine on FF, could be an IE issue I suppose, since I never had 1 issue with FF and gmail at this point.

Yeah, the GMail faq suggests either using a different browser, or reverting to an earlier version of gmail.

cadaveca

Banned
lol cookie issue, IMHO. Mine is still fine in IE, just installed defender update, others were done tuesday.

Jack Rabbit

From a security perspective it would not be a bad idea to use a seperate browser for your personal mail and private websites (like banking). You could give Chrome a shot... I think there is little chance that GMail will ever have problems in Chrome. :bleh:

sswilson

Staff member
I don't do internet banking other than credit card purchases, and even those I'm not particularily fond of.

I figure I should get some kind of real person to person service for all of those nickle & dime service charges the banks like so much.... :)

Latest posts