What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EVGA Hadron Air Mini ITX Case Review Comment Thread

Coach

I like the review but honestly I doubt I will buy an ITX system anytime soon. I would like an Air 540 that was able to house 6 HDD...

One thing I notice is the concern for dust filters on the exhaust. Personally I do not want any filters on the exhaust because it is restricting flow.

Again great job on the review! You did a great job as always. May I ask, what is the song you use in the background? Thanks

1V4NCIBL3

Good review!

Initial appearance looks good, but once you spot all those short-cuts EVGA went with regarding the "unfinished" painting of the interior it was "too good to be true".

EVGA is trying to expand their products, but they are only good for decent graphics cards and their PSU are meh.

Speaking of which, a replacement PSU for the Hadron will be $$$$ once it fails.

Seems their ideas were good, however their execution of the products ultimately failed.

FreeKnight

Nice looking case, but the paint and cable management don't match the price :( It's too bad the PSU isn't modular, but that's pretty understandable.

But I'd like to see where they go from here. If EVGA continues on, I'd like to see what they can do in mATX and ATX cases.

moocow

Can you confirm it's in fact a 1U PSU or some kind of custom size unit? $190 price seem okay considering that the PSU is included. The price would come out about the same if you pick a case + PSU yourself. However, all those short coming pointed out in the review video just doesn't make this case worth while. Seem a bit shortsighted on EVGA's part to not have a CPU cut out and then only make the CPU dent fit only their motherboard. If they are targeting this thing toward power builder crowds, I don't know if they would over look these kind of short coming. They should of made the case a bit longer and wider. Now let see what CF Haf Stacker ITX case looks like on the inside.

howpet

I kinda like this, but to me it should be sitting on it's side. Standing vertically with the window towards you its nice but your dvd drive, usb and audio interfaces are not really convenient to access. You gotta get out of your chair to plug in or load something. Overall keep this case the way it is, I'm sure there's a market but a case like this or at least at this price point should have multiple orientation options. Ideally....
Revision #2...
Get rid of the Prodigy front foot and have the option of the window facing verticle...
Move the Audio, Usb and Dvd to the windowed side of the case, facing verticle or accessable topside.
Keep the air feed on the opposite side of the the window except with the addition of an easily removable and cleanable filter. Some concern about the psu being expensive to replace....if in fact it is server grade, it'll probably outlive us all unless abused.

Arinoth

Staff member
Personally my favourite mini ITX case still has to be the Bitfenix Prodigy mITX MINI-ITX Tower Case, for the price, the ability to route cables quite well, and the size it really gets my vote. Especially over the several short comings of this EVGA one.

AkG

Personally I cant stand tower mitx cases. They take up way...way too much vertical real-estate! IMHO m-itx is all about SMALL and unobtrusive. Add in the oddball power supply (and FSP at that), no air filters, no front 5.25 bay (for hot swap 3.5 hdd converter), glossy annoying front that will stick out in the typical entertainment center in a living room...and Im having a hard time seeing the market niche for this mini-tower is.

Latest posts