What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

EVGA X58 FTW3 VS EVGA X58 SLI

Jonesy

Sadly it seems as though reviews of the mid level hardware are lowering in numbers, While we can Read 100 Reviews on the X58 Classifieds / Rampage III's etc We can't seem to find information on the Mid Level gear.

I am planning on building a new computer soon (ordering this week or next) and I am trying to find out which motherboard to get. So far my specs are as follows:

Corsair HX850W (Psu)
Corsair Dominator 6gb DDR3-1600
2x EVGA 460 SuperClocked (EE)
Intel i7 930
Lian Li PC-60FNWX
(HDD's and Blu-Ray are comming out of my Old PC)

I plan to put a small OC, nothing too big and Air cool it with a Noctua D12

While I can find reviews on the X58 SLI, I can't seem to find anything other then a Preview on the X58 FTW3. I had originally planned to put the FTW3 Mobo in, but I am now stuck between that and the X58SLI. If anyone has used either board I would love some input. While, I understand the X58SLI is more then sufficient for my needs as I do not plan any huge OC's I just want to know how the support, and how the board overall performs.

(I really miss seeing mid level reviews, seems like only yesterday that if a piece of hardware would be even semi popular it had more reviewers then purchasers, now, not so much:sad:)

Any information would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

lowfat

Staff member
Well the first major difference is USB3.0 and SATA 6Gbps which is included in the FTW3. If you don't need these and you think the layout of the 3-SLI board is sufficient for you needs then by all means just grab one of them. The overclocking capabilities between them is going to be very tiny for an air cooled rig.

rjbarker

The original Evga X58 Sli Board is perfectly fine....had my 920 up to 4 Ghz no problems at all.(only grabbed the Classy for e-peen) ;) .....great Bios with good Bios support, so as lowfat pointed out....FTW has the USB3.0 and SATA 6Gbps.....get whichever one....both will be fine.

ZZLEE

If you are on a buget go to EVGA B-stock fore the X58 SLI

Only 90 day warenty and no extra in the box

But cheep 139.00 USA :biggrin:

If I was buying today I would think long and hard FTW or this.

I have a early X58 SLI its a my first Computer hardware ( inside the box ) purchase and I IM happy.

Jonesy

Awesome, thanks guys :)

I also put the wrong board, it was the SLI3 I meant, not SLI. So it still has the Sata 6g and USB 3 support. I have decided with the SLI3 as it is cheaper, and I really don't plan to do anything crazy with it.

Latest posts