What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Feeler ~ i7 5820k Bundle

Vittra

Pricing on the CPU is a bit off at the moment due to 2 reasons:

1) Intel Retail Edge started again quite recently, many will take advantage of this, and I'm sure the market will become flooded with them once more

2) Last week Tigerdirect was selling a 5930K / X99 MSI Raider board combo for $670+tax. Huge thread on RFD as you can imagine.

Mobo/ram kit pricing is fine I believe.

crazyea

Yup, I bought that exact combo from TD. Also thats a retail price for the X99M WS.

sexpot

Thanks for the suggestion.

Can you link me where you're seeing the X99M-WS for $340 retail? I only see one listing on pcpartpicker canada for $370 (newegg.ca).

crazyea

IT's $29 less than newegg. Which, inmh isnt enough of a discount for used.

Last edited:

FreeKnight

The others are right, you're not going to sell the 5820 for that price. The problem is that only enthusiasts are really looking at X99, and even then it's a very select few. Those that do almost universally go for the 5930 instead due to the 5820's limited PCIe lanes. X99 platform parts just aren't a fast seller unless you price very agressively. RAM being the only possible exception.

Heck Turtletrax had his X99 Deluxe listed very competitively for a long time here and I'm not sure he ever sold it.

Personally, I'd try starting at $420 and expect to settle for an offer just below $400, maybe you'll get $400 on the nose.

As for Crazyea and Vittra;..... WHY WOULDN'T YOU POST THAT IN THE HOT DEALS THREAD!?!?!? ;)

sswilson

Staff member
The others are right, you're not going to sell the 5820 for that price. The problem is that only enthusiasts are really looking at X99, and even then it's a very select few. Those that do almost universally go for the 5930 instead due to the 5820's limited PCIe lanes. X99 platform parts just aren't a fast seller unless you price very agressively. RAM being the only possible exception.

Heck Turtletrax had his X99 Deluxe listed very competitively for a long time here and I'm not sure he ever sold it.

Personally, I'd try starting at $420 and expect to settle for an offer just below $400, maybe you'll get $400 on the nose.

As for Crazyea and Vittra;..... WHY WOULDN'T YOU POST THAT IN THE HOT DEALS THREAD!?!?!? ;)

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...riday-november-sales-2015-a-3.html#post809055

It was posted in the black friday/november thread..... :whistle:

Latest posts