What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

goodness gracious! everything is going retro or rehashed / copied or rebooted now-a-days.

LaughingCrow

Been feeling like that for a long time there is very little new IP.
Not just that, it's also that some of the older games are still viable & playable. And some like Mass Effect just get a graphic rebuild.

EA and others are missing out on an opportunity here but they won't do it. With Dragon Age 4, EA/Bioware would be in a great position to rebuild Dragon Age 1, 2, 3 from the ground up over the next few years so it's up to date with new computer tech.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Not just that, it's also that some of the older games are still viable & playable. And some like Mass Effect just get a graphic rebuild.

EA and others are missing out on an opportunity here but they won't do it. With Dragon Age 4, EA/Bioware would be in a great position to rebuild Dragon Age 1, 2, 3 from the ground up over the next few years so it's up to date with new computer tech.
speaking about older titles...apparently HL2 refresh is beta testing on Steam or something now.

Izerous

Folding Team

Oh there are a few I wish to see done as a re-make so I know i'm part of the problem.

Transport Tycoon Deluxe (Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe https://www.openttd.org/) is still one of the best transport/management games I ever played. Better than most modern ones available today. Thankfully there is a modding community around the game that has built skin packs etc but you can only take it so far with mods.

Hexen(and it's followups) were great shooters from the Doom era that would be nice to be re-skined and made mouse friendly etc .