What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hard Disk Sentinel telling me m.2 going bad

syfer

Hi in Hard Disk Sentinel my Intel 660p M.2 2280 512GB PCI Express 3.0 may be dying as yellow and seid
"The following error(s) detected: Media and Data Integrity Errors = 1795162219
The health is determined by SSD specific S.M.A.R.T. attribute(s): Available Spare (Percent), Percentage Used
The TRIM feature of the SSD is supported and enabled for optimal performance.
It is recommended to backup often to prevent data loss."
Should i buy a new 1tb gen 4 one then?
so HDDlife Pro won't load said their no smart device the other programs. I need a reliable way to test my hard drives so is this drive dying or not?
As hard drive Hard Disk Sentinel and HDDlife Pro both say its got bad heath before i got this error.
If this dyining then i will go out buy Crucial P3 Plus 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 NVMe Internal SSD - Up to 5000MB/s - CT1000P3PSSD801 (Acronis Edition)
What paid program can i check the heath of my program?

Attachments

• active.png
    active.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 6
  • diskinfo.png
    diskinfo.png
    820.5 KB · Views: 6
  • sental.png
    sental.png
    230.7 KB · Views: 5
  • stabebit.png
    stabebit.png
    333.3 KB · Views: 4

gingerbee

go to -Function - advanced features - raw values - 10 [DEC], that should give you the raw values then go and check how many media/data integrity errors, so you can confirm what sentinel is telling you.

here's what my nvme C: drive has listed and its been around for 4-5 plus years and has only 55% life left in it

CD info.jpg

gingerbee

well, I am having a hard time finding what is normal for your drive, but if you're worried about it I would play it safe and clone the drive and keep monitoring it to see how much the Media and Data Integrity Errors increase over time, also I would check to see if intel has there own tool for these drives, Cant say if they do or not I dont use intel drives. will update you if I can find max safe limits of your drive.

gingerbee

yup, those are my thoughts on it too, you can never really be too careful when it comes to your data, I always have 3 or more copies of my data.

most talk online is if you are watching those errors going up, then you need to replace that drive

syfer

Ok i got 1tb m.2 on black Friday i will back up this drive so that i can back when if it dies i will use the new one.

Latest posts