What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Intel X-25M 160GB SSD $499.99 + Free Express Shipping @ NCIX

zlojack

Even if the drives themselves will support TRIM, we are still effed. I don't think Intel has stated ever about adding TRIM support to RAID via ICH10R. I am sure it will eventually but I have my doubts it will be anytime soon.

But really what is wrong with this 'used' setup? We don't need no effing TRIM.
capturekkj.jpg

True enough :thumb:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I don't think Intel has stated ever about adding TRIM support to RAID via ICH10R. I am sure it will eventually but I have my doubts it will be anytime soon.
capturekkj.jpg

IIRC I reas somewhere thatits actually a hardware issue with the southbridge itself. It'll need a revision (ICH11?) to make trim possible for raids. :sad:

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
I've heard rumors of a firmware update or driver in the works that will allow trim on raid in the ich10 controller.

Lowfat, run those benchies again in a few months and see if you get the same scores. Trim is supposed to stop the degrading of performance over time.

zlojack

If I'm not mistaken (which I often am:biggrin:) "over time" just means as the disk gets full. They don't suffer from wear as there are no moving parts.

There is a good explanation of how it works in that huge Anandtech article about SSDs

zlojack

Wow...that is a good deal!

I might have to grab one of those tomorrow and add a third drive to my RAID0!

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
may as well man. The ich10 is good to 650mbs transfer.

The gen2 80gb is going to price at $225 US though, I'll wait.

lowfat

Staff member
I've heard rumors of a firmware update or driver in the works that will allow trim on raid in the ich10 controller.

Lowfat, run those benchies again in a few months and see if you get the same scores. Trim is supposed to stop the degrading of performance over time.

Well if they ever add TRIM to the ICH10R I may upgrade but otherwise meh.

And when I said 'used' I meant that they have been used for a few months. Degradation is highly overrated.

Latest posts