What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Is there a lite method of testing new builds?

YoungMan

Normally I would install Windows to run prime95 after memtest. But is there a way to skip that Windows part? Looking for something that could boot off a USB or not require an OS installation to stress the CPU.

ilya

Probably never heard of this, but if you're good with Linux, this is even better than UBCD. Not very user friendly for non Linux users though.
Stresslinux

sswilson

Staff member
I've spent years looking for a good full featured Linux distro for stress testing, and looked at stresslinux (pretty sure that was the distro) a few years back. The biggest issue linux neophytes (like myself) run into aren't the stress testing programs, it's the monitoring software for temps. Maybe it's improved over the years, but Im_Sensors was a major PITA to get working. ;)

If you're not OCing, and aren't overly concerned with temps, I'd go with UBCD.

_dangtx_

Banned
nice refind. havent checked that one in a while, getting the newest version. as for temps, take a look in bios at idle, add up to 30-35c for load and be good :)

Latest posts