What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Kingston releases new enterprise level SSD with power loss protection

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan

Entz

Yeah that is most likely correct. OS writes are pretty low in numbers. Same for caching where its write once and ready many. Numbers are not far off SATA drives really and depending on low QD speeds still orders of magnitude higher than spinners (12k IOPS is a lot) . A lot of NVMe drives cheat by using SLC like mode (1 bit per cell) to accelerate writes but that also leads to inconsistent performance or problems when full. Cheap/easy route is to just write to the flash like a normal person :p

Entz

Yeah exactly. I was meaning its writes are similar to SATA. Not that big of deal for its intended use.

I am genuinely curious what the price will be for these, I can think of a few places to use them.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Yeah exactly. I was meaning its writes are similar to SATA. Not that big of deal for its intended use.

I am genuinely curious what the price will be for these, I can think of a few places to use them.
most people could actually use these I'd think...we barely exceed SATA speeds with what we do and the PLP would be nice.

Latest posts