What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

LED fixture suggestions needed for low ceiling

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
right now Liteline panel's seem to be the best candidate, but they're not cheap. it's going to light a small 9' x 11' room with a low 7.5' ceiling. it's painted white/cream, but has a very small 2' x 2' window that's almost 1' inset to the wall.

needs/wants:
2700K - 3000K for a warm/comfortable light temperature
Bright, but also dimmable

what have you installed in your home?

https://www.liteline.com/20000234-master_forum/panel/forum-led-panel-ligh

JD

Staff member
Are you fine with recessed lights? I used some TRENZ ones in my bathroom reno a few weeks ago. They're about 1/2" thick so sit within the drywall basically, you need some space/void in the ceiling for the electrical wire + the driver box though. It's on about a 10" cable to the light itself, so you have some room to play.

These are the exact ones I used: https://www.lowes.ca/recessed-light...d-light-4-pack_g2903947.html?searchTerm=trenz

My bathroom is even smaller than your room, but I put in all 4 (and need to get 1 more). I kept them close to the walls (about 1ft out) to help reduce shadows in the corners and by the mirror. It's maybe a tad bright and will be even more so once I put in the 5th, but I figure I'll throw a dimmer switch on it and run them a little bit duller. Roughly 2-3ft between lights.

If your room is mostly open though and no walls/fixtures/etc sticking out, 4 might be enough in each corner of the room, just keep them like 2ft out from the corners.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
actually, the ceiling is not 7.5' the whole width...there is a 3' x 11' portion that is about 6.5' due to furnace ducting that runs the length just above the door in, so one in each corner wouldn't work.

I was thinking two of the 1' x 1' panels, just would need to get the electrical extended so it's possible, but that's minor.

I could recess if needed, but being the ceiling will be 1' x 1' fiberglass tile, not really interested in that. :p

Latest posts