What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Lightning Cables, Micro-USB, Wall Chargers, Aux. Cords - Who Makes The Good Ones

AmuseMe

I'm getting tired of all my cheap off brand cables flaking out on me. Wondering who everyone goes to for quality cables. I had Anker before and lost the cable but was quite happy with it. Just wondering what other recommendations the community has.

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... legit question, and one that I hope you'll get valid answers to from long term members, but OTOH you just set up every possible keyword for the army of overseas spammers who're right now zeroing in on HWC with "suggestions" on where you might get some of these things really cheaply.... :)

Lpfan4ever

My AmazonBasics cables have done me well. I also have a few Anker Micro USB to USB C adapters that have held up well. Typically I stick to Amazon and their Prime offerings and don't have any issues.

AmuseMe

Is there a general rule about wire awg vs length? Or is there no apparent loss for these kind of cables. I'm talking 10-12ft

zoob

AmazonBasics for iPhone cables (occasionally there are 20% promos for AmazonBasics items)
Aukey for their wall chargers, even if they have fake cert logos on them.

Order everything off Amazon.ca

For really long cables I use Monoprice but they will cost more due to cross border shipping/taxes.

dustin1706

Bought a bunch of 6' braided Anker micro-usb and lightning cables from Amazon maybe 2 years ago. I will absolutely never go back to the cheapies. Usually run $11 a piece. I like their 12w dual port charger too.

I did drop my note II plugged in and it landed with the phone vertical, connector down. Bent the micro-usb connector a bit, but still good. More than can be said for the factory cable.

Latest posts