What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Marvell and Intel Raid conflict

Dazmode

Hi guys,

I have Gigabyte G1 Sniper board that comes with 2 ports SATA3 on Marvell and 6 SATA2 in Intel controllers.

I set raid 1 on two Intel510 SSDs off the marvel (installed all the soft) and later added two regular HDD on Intel (which i want to mirrow as well).

My problem is that when I set Intel in raid mode in BIOS and configured RAID in <ctr-i>, system only willing to boot trough Intel controller and seems Marvell is not even shows up.

Any tips on work around?</ctr-i>

Coach

I would HIGHLY suggest you run your two Intel SSD on the Intel Sata 3 ports and the two HDD on the Intel sata 2 ports. I would only use the Marvell ports as a last resort.

Dazmode

Apparently two are not supported simultaneously, so have to be one or other. Will stick to SATA2 off the Intel.

Coach

Currently on the P67 Sabertooth I am using all sata ports are in use. I am forced to use the marvell ports and had some issue getting them to work. I had to use the marvell drivers from a P8P67 PRO (old board that I am trying to RMA) in order for the marvell ports to be stable. When I was still using the P8P67 PRO I had NO issues with the marvell ports FYI.

Again, you are doing the correct move by using Intel controller. It is much better than Marvell.

ZZLEE

My Gene has a Marvel I also had some issues. not useing it now.

Latest posts