What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Minisforum NAB6 & NPB6

Cypher^64

Well I'm a Windows sysadmin so it's mostly a lab, though my machines are all AD-joined, SCCM, Azure/Entra hybrid, etc...

I have 2x ASRock Rack mATX Ryzen systems (X470/3600/64GB and X570/3900X/128GB), as a Hyper-V replica (not clustered though). All NVMe storage in them. 10G network. I do run a tiny bit of Linux too for some containers. Largely overkill/unnecessary, but then we wouldn't be here right? :D

But when that MS-01 came out I was like "wow, it fits my usage exactly", so their product development team nailed it IMO.

Im really thinking of the MS-01 again, this is almost the same price as the nab6 and npb6 I just bought and I'm still in the return window. I could virtualize everything.

FreeKnight

When I hit the 'what's new' button and I see this thread pop up I keep misreading the title as 'misinformation' and catch myself starting a 'oh boy here we go' thought momentarily before I realize I misread minisforum due to not paying attention 🙃

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
Im really thinking of the MS-01 again, this is almost the same price as the nab6 and npb6 I just bought and I'm still in the return window. I could virtualize everything.
they're a bit bigger than these mini PC's...but now that Lenovo has announced they Tiny's with the Ryzen 8000G CPU in them, I'mma gonna wait for one of them. :D

that said, I totally love the look of that new Gigabyte Metal Gear Plus ITX mini PC! it has a higher 3L volume so I hope that means it has a much better cooling system then usual. my biggest complaint with my M900x Tiny is the noise the blower makes when it spins up to cool my i7-6700. granted, that's the full power 65w desktop model, not the 35w low power T series desktop variant. :p

JD

Staff member
Probably would make sense, I'd say the MS-01 is designed more for 24/7 usage too compared to the ones you bought that are more like consumer desktops. The i5 version is a lot cheaper too if you don't need a ton of CPU power.

Latest posts