What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need new earbuds

Dead Things

I currently have the Sennheiser CX300's and I love them. I even love the bass bias, which is what many others consider to be their critical flaw. But, as these things go with me, I've stepped on them one too many times. They still sound great, but are a little worse for wear I'm sad to say.

So looking for replacements. I want something as good or better than the CX300's.

The ones I am currently considering are:

Klipsch Image S4
Klipsch Image S5
Shure SE215

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Jackquelegs

How much are you willing to spend? Also, mods will probably be moving this to the audio section..any minute now..

xxsashixx

I too used to have CX300s then I got Klipsch Image S4 myself, I'd have to say, they are amazing for the price.

If you use the EQ, boost the bass a bit. IMO the lows are a tad lacking, but thats just me who loves bass :)

I'm not too sure about the others as I haven't tried those yet.

Jackquelegs

Vsonic GR07 is a good choice in that price bracket. It is very well received, and I'm tempted to pick up a pair of them :clap:

Please..no S4i's :sad:

kongfoo911

If you're willing to try Head-Direct RE2 for about $80.00, that's what I paid for. Woew, just found out they have them for sale at Head-direct.com for $29.00.
I found them to be good overall sound and it have a lot of positive reviews for them. However, I've upgraded to Shure SE535 recently, great sound comes from those little suckers. My wallet cried though!!

I would recommend to go to head-fi.org...A great website if you're looking for a decent head/earphones reviews and want to buy one.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I'm going to recommend the Shure SE215. They seem to be getting very good reviews and the pricing for them is really quite good at $99.

If you love bass though I would say go with the Monster Jamz. Yes, I know you think "Monster" and roll your eyes but the sound is actually better (IMO) than the S4 series if you are looking for a well rounded low end...but the highs do tend to suffer a bit. $99 again.

Stepping up to the $120 category, I'm going to say the Westone 1. IMO, there isn't anything better out there for that price.

AkG

If you want comfort you go Westone. I have fallen asleep in bed with my westies in and woken up the next day without any ear aches...or broken iems. VERY comfortable.

With that being said I found my W1s to be "meh". Id go for the Shure215s. Almost as comfortable (as westone just basically improved on the original shure design) and will give better sound stage to most peeps. YMMV