What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Need to reinstall WMP 11

biff

Your using acronyms I have no clue about.

TMT? VMC?

Sorry, VMC is Vista Media Center and TMT is Total Media Theater by Arcsoft. Ive tried a freeware media center once, IIRC it was MediaPortal. I'm sure it's (or anything else) is more versatile than VMC but I spent a couple days with it and didn't get too far in getting everything working properly and TBH I don't have the time these days. Maybe XBMC is different... maybe someday when I get some extra time I'll play with it.

Last edited:

Silvgearx

MPC-HC + K-lite codec for all your needs :biggrin:

As for VLC, its a decent player if you don't want to install codecs but i has its problems :blarg:

For blu-ray i think its better to use something like PowerDVD, it uses less resource and make those Ati work for your decoding

And WMP 11? i don't even have it configure :bleh:

for the WMP 11, can't you just roll back ? or pop in the vista DVD and repair?

biff

for the WMP 11, can't you just roll back ? or pop in the vista DVD and repair?
Rollbacks only go back a week and a half... someday I'll get on figuring out how (if) vista (and XP too) can save rollback points automatically. It's funny it's one of those things you don't think of until AFTER you need it.

And AFAIK Vista doesn't have the same add/remove/repair windows components from the DVD like 2k & XP did. Maybe the full version does but I have the upgrade version.

TopDogZero

For blu-ray i think its better to use something like PowerDVD, it uses less resource and make those Ati work for your decoding
+1:thumb:. Works really good with ATI cards for BlueRay and DVD's, VMC is OK for TV tuner and plays nicely with ATI avivo persets if you to use them. GOM, VLC or Media Player Classic with ffdshow for everything else.

Latest posts