What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Build: Slowpoke

Devious

Hey Guys,

A good friend of mine had his place broken into and his gaming rig stolen, he was crushed and is a uni-student and couldn't afford a new one, so I put together a few upgrades in my existing rig and cleaned it up, and gave it over to him (i5, 560, etc...). Left me the opportunity to build a new temp rig until I build a new rig in spring.

I picked up the first order from NCIX today, still waiting on the pair of SSD's and another SATA3 barracuda drive.

Specs Are:

CPU: Core i7 2600K
Cooling: Corsair H70 + 2x Nocture NF-212B's
Ram: Patriot Viper Extreme 8 GB (2x4) 1866 Mhz 9-11-9
Mobo: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
GFX: Asus Matrix GTX580 Platinum
SSD: 2 x OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 240GB
HDD: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA 6Gbps
PSU: Corsair HX750W
Case: Corsair 600T

KB: Razer Lycosa
Maus: Razer Deathadder Black Edition

PjqsG.jpg

Pabz0r545

What a good friend you are. Nice lookin specs there where in the world did you get your hands on that matrix 580?

Devious

NCIX got a shipment in about 3 days ago, I've been waiting and watching the site patiently, hoping they'd get at least one in by the time I needed to build this. I may still grab another, I haven't quite decided, have to decide if it's going to be worth it knowing I'm going to be doing a full build come Spring.

slippy

Wow man, you ballin'
But a very good friend indeed to share that wealth :thumb:

Devious

Well it's temporary cause I annually build a new rig every spring, and with LGA-2011 now upon us, that'll be the new rig and I haven't got the slightest clue what kind of GPU's it'll have in it.

Some build photos to come shortly, I've started to assemble without the SSD's, though I'm supposed to be able to pick them up tomorrow or Thursday.

Can't let a fellow gamer be without games, that's just brutal, especially when he's a philosophy masters student, that's just cruel and unusual punishment!

great_big_abyss

I tell ya what, if you ever need somewhere to store your temporary rig once you get your new one built up, you can keep it at my place longterm. I'll make an exception and won't charge you any storage fees, m'kay.

Latest posts