What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Build, won't start

biff

Well I wasn't going to candy-coat it! LOL. But seriously I have seen it, shorting either the 5V or 12V to the mobo tray. The psu sees the over current and shuts itself off so no damage is done.

shryke

Ok guys, I unplugged everything and then put it all back together and it works now.

I don't know what happened, but I THINK it was the 8-pin 12v .... whatever that is not being in correctly or soemthing,.

Thanks for all the help anyway!

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Ok guys, I unplugged everything and then put it all back together and it works now.

I don't know what happened, but I THINK it was the 8-pin 12v .... whatever that is not being in correctly or soemthing,.

Thanks for all the help anyway!

That's what powers your CPU, and the behaviour you're describing is exactly what happens when you forget to put that plug in. It's my favorite thing to leave unplugged when I build new systems. :biggrin:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
That's what powers your CPU, and the behaviour you're describing is exactly what happens when you forget to put that plug in. It's my favorite thing to leave unplugged when I build new systems. :biggrin:
It's always the first cable I plug, while installing the board - since that connector is always located in such a awkward location with those huge aftermarket HSFs.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
It's always the first cable I plug, while installing the board - since that connector is always located in such a awkward location with those huge aftermarket HSFs.

Most of the builds I do are for small business. Stock HSF's only. But yeah, after doing that a couple of times, it's pretty much the 1st plug in the board after screwing it down.

Latest posts