What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New space game coming: Exodus

LaughingCrow

Seems that lot of former BioWare people got together again and wanted to push past what they did in Mass Effect and create a new studio - Archetype Entertainment. You can sign up at the website as a 'Founder,' but I don't know what that means yet. There's a Reddit channel open now as well

Trailer

Exodus website

ipaine

Nice trailer but I find the argument that we should expect a good game simply because it was build by industry veterans to be BS. For all we know, it could be another Star Citizen.
I highly doubt this will be another Star Citizen, these guys are not asking for money to fund the game. And really it is much more like Mass Effect in its style, at least that is what the early info feels like.

First looks has me optimistic, whether that holds true or not time will tell.

LaughingCrow

Still a lot unknown about it, so I'll wait. Given the success of Larian Studio's Baldur's Gate 3 and a lot of the original BioWare people involved, there's reason to hope for a good game. I have more positive expectancies with this game than I would if it was an AAA studio like EA.

I think the aim of this new studio is to create a good game first, not to make a ton of money. If they pull that off, they'll make money like Larian did along with creating a good game.

Lysrin

There are some studios/devs that do still get together and attempt to make the good game they want to play, with the money as somewhat secondary. Last Epoch seems an example of that from what I've researched. Makes me want the game for that reason alone.

I mean clearly they all want to get paid, so the money is always a factor, but less of a driver in some cases... at least it appears from the outside.

Groove

I didn't know about this, thanks for sharing! I remember seeing the trailer during the game awards but didn't know who was actually behind the studio. It's definitely an impressive list of industry veterans. Will keep an eye out for this one for sure.

LaughingCrow

Dredged up some more info on Archetype Entertainment/Exodus. Was unaware of the Wizards of the Coast connection. Somewhat odd since this doesn't seem like a DnD type game like other WoTC games. It appears Exodus been under development since early 2020. So as a story/choice driven game, they're very aware of the ME3 ending... and very aware of the success of Larian Studio's Baldur's Gate 3 game.

From February 2020: "Wizards of the Coast and its newly announced game studio, Archetype Entertainment, are developing a multiplatform sci-fi RPG.
https://www.ign.com/articles/wizard...es-archetype-entertainment-to-develop-new-rpg

From Dec 2023: "The untitled game will be a "story-driven epic," in which player choice will "have real consequences on how their story unfolds," according to the announcement.

Exodus is being pitched as a "next-generation, story-driven RPG that marries cinematic storytelling with deep emotional impact featuring broad player agency and modern AAA gameplay." It broadly resembles Mass Effect, only a much larger scale, which is made all the more intriguing given that its development is being led by the director of the original Knights of the Old Republic and numerous BioWare veterans.

Archetype didn't reveal a release date, but did confirm that it's under development for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC."
https://www.ign.com/articles/exodus-rpg-archetype-entertainment-bioware-the-game-awards-2023

moocow

Well I hope it's not another Starfield which looks boring as a head of lettuce left to age in the fridge. That game was hyped up too.

Latest posts