What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB & GTX 460 768MB Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
NVIDIA's GTX 400-series have so far been met with a mix of rave reviews and harsh criticism but with the introduction of the GF104 core, a new leaf in Fermi's history could be turning. The first two cards using this new core are the GTX 460 1GB and GTX 460 768MB which both target the sub-$250 market with what looks like a perfect combination of price, performance and yes, even efficiency. In this review we take a closer look at these two cards and see if they are able to upset ATI's dominance at this price point.

[ Read full article ]

lowfat

Staff member
On page 18:
GTX 460 1GB Final Clock Speeds

Graphics Clock: 827Mhz
Processor Clock: 1654Mhz
Memory Clock: 4220Mhz (QDR)

GTX 460 1GB Final Clock Speeds

Graphics Clock: 843Mhz
Processor Clock: 1686Mhz
Memory Clock: 4244Mhz (QDR)

I assume on of these is suppose to to be the 768MB one?

Either way looks like a competent card. And the bitstreaming makes me a very happy man. This may very well be the card I buy for my current HTPC build.

SKYMTL

Staff member
There were a number of small errors that were fixed. Including the overclocking page.

burebista

Well-well, it looks like nVidia is finally back in game price/performance wise.
I'm expecting some ATI price drop.
As usually thanks SKY for a wonderful review. :thumb:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
On Page 1:

Meanwhile, the $230 GTX 460 768MB is aiming to bridge the sometimes-miniscule gap between the HD 55830 and the higher-end HD 5850s
I'm impressed. However; I'm going to wait for ATI's response. They havnt done a price cut yet, and actually the card pricing went up for a while. I'll wait and see where ATI pushes the market before I'll call this card the victor. Mayhaps we're in for a suprise and see 5850's for $250ish? Here's to hoping!

Zero82z

Banned
With the current price points as they are, the GTX 460 768MB is directly targeting the HD 5830’s performance envelope but its price is the same as or slightly below that of most HD 5830 cards on the market. Meanwhile, the $230 GTX 460 768MB is aiming to bridge the sometimes-miniscule gap between the HD 55830 and the higher-end HD 5850s.
A few errors in there that I'm sure you'll notice.

SKYMTL

Staff member
Thanks guys. This is what happens when a review is rushed after getting nearly all of my backups wiped by a lightning strike that destroyed a NAS box that I just happened to have unplugged from my UPS. :S

MonsterSound

Seems like nVidia hit the mark on this one (or two). about bloody time
Now Why couldn’t they name the 2 cards differently? eg. GTX 455 with 768mb and a GTX 460 1gb.
Another Great article, thanks. :thumb:

SKYMTL

Staff member
Seems like nVidia hit the mark on this one (or two). about bloody time
Now Why couldn’t they name the 2 cards differently? eg. GTX 455 with 768mb and a GTX 460 1gb.
Another Great article, thanks. :thumb:

Because the performance difference between the two doesn't necessitate a new name IMO. :thumb:

Soultribunal

Staff member
Awesome Article. Its good to see the Green team back in the game. And its a crying shame I got a 465 when I did. Now I want this guy even moreso lol.

ST

Latest posts