What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

PSU Custom Cable Kit Type 4

rjbarker

Hey guys..
Back out on the ship with crappy Internet......hoping you guys can post some links (Newegg....Mikes...Memory Express...etc) to a set of Custom PSU cables for my AX 1600i .(....I know the cables that come with it have the built in Line Capacitors (for ripple reduction)...not sure if the Custom ones have this as well (maybe at the PSU end instead of the Mobo / GPU end).......or if the Custom Cables are simply extensions to be used with the OEM cables......not sure as I havent purchased these before.....

Thanks in advance...:thumb:....

JD

Staff member

rjbarker

Depends what you want, you can buy extensions (and thus reuse in future builds) or you can get replacement cables.

If you're looking at CableMod, it looks like the AX1600i uses the C-Series RMi / RMx cable sets (https://cablemod.com/compatibility/).

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1W7-0049-00024
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?item=9SIADEH5KK3295

ModFlex = paracord, ModMesh = nylon.

Thanks JD......appreciate it.....my OEM cables come with inline capacitors (PCI-E and 24Pin ATX).....these look like they dont...from what I understand there not absolutely necessary (the inline capacitors) ? I cant stand them...at the Mobo end...rock hard and about 2 cm long (cant bend or flex).....

EDIT Never mind just read the specs and the cable mod kits come with them in the middle...so there hidden..awesome!!!!

JD

Staff member
Yup the capacitors are a bit further down so it's generally out of the way and sight. If you can't fit the cables behind your motherboard tray though, you'll definitely still see the capacitors as they still stick out. I've had no issue with my set of CableMod cables on my RM850i (same ones).

rjbarker

Yup the capacitors are a bit further down so it's generally out of the way and sight. If you can't fit the cables behind your motherboard tray though, you'll definitely still see the capacitors as they still stick out. I've had no issue with my set of CableMod cables on my RM850i (same ones).

Perfect..thanks for all that....going to purchase a set...swapping out my Velocity Block and adding another NVMe Drive in a few weeks ...drain and do it all then ;)...

dustin1706

I did my own custom cables on my recent build with an Ax1600i. Did a fair bit of reading about inline capacitors as I wasn't sure if I should remove them or not. Ultimately decided that it wasn't worth keeping them. Did some basic checks on voltage ripple with an oscilloscope with the factory cables vs my cables and could find no difference in the scenarios I tested.

Lysrin

Perfect..thanks for all that....going to purchase a set...swapping out my Velocity Block and adding another NVMe Drive in a few weeks ...drain and do it all then ;)...

You're swapping out your block again...? :shok: I'm starting to lose track! :haha:

rjbarker

You're swapping out your block again...? :shok: I'm starting to lose track! :haha:

Yes originally went with an older EK Supremacy "all Nickel" block....really liked the look of the all Nickel but wanted to try out this new EK Velocity Acetol Block.....I now have a new EK Velocity all Nickel Block with RGB lighting....so going for one more swap out :doh:.......so yeah...think I have 3 spare EK CPU Blocks now......welcome to Water Cooling!!!!

While I have the loop drained to swap CPU Blocks....Im going to remove the 2 GPU's....so I can access the PCH heatsink ...remove it and add another Samsung 970 Pro NVMe drive ......I'll add the new PSU cables while Im at it.......but this will all have to wait until after 3rd April....