What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Push notifications

Dwayne

How many times do I have to say "Don't ask me again"? Is that something you can fix or will it just keep popping up randomly?

sswilson

Staff member
I'm fairly certain that's working as advertised, but I agree.... push notification requests are a plague on humanity. I especially love the ones worded as YES/Ask Me Later.

Dwayne

I'm fairly certain that's working as advertised, but I agree.... push notification requests are a plague on humanity. I especially love the ones worded as YES/Ask Me Later.

Minor annoyance then. I can live with it, but I don't have to like it.

Thanks

JD

Staff member
Are you clearing your browser settings periodically? I don't have that popup on any sites after declining it once.

Dwayne

Are you clearing your browser settings periodically? I don't have that popup on any sites after declining it once.

Not really. It just seems to pop up randomly. I click the x to close then say never ask me again. I'll make a note as it happened yesterday.

crazyea

Not really. It just seems to pop up randomly. I click the x to close then say never ask me again. I'll make a note as it happened yesterday.
I disabled it on this site, but also globally in my browser under “site settings”.

If you are running an ad blocker, limit cookies, or clear cache regularly then that can also cause this behaviour.

Latest posts