What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

FreeKnight

The blunt thing is you should never rely on government payouts for your retirement income. I think of it as a bonus, for travel money or covering inflation.
You shouldn't, but it's the defacto now as corps have been allowed to move most positions to contract work and retirement packages or perks are fading away.

My gen isn't totally hooped, but people in their 20s now entering the workforce post college, I don't know how they'll do it. Wages haven't grown worth a crap, housing is, let's be honest, insane and everything from groceries to cars are going up.. Defined benefit pensions are largely extinct, while even defined contribution pensions are fading away outside of a handful of industries.

Don't want to gripe or make a political diatribe about it, but I get how a lot of people are starting to feel hopeless.

clshades

You shouldn't, but it's the defacto now as corps have been allowed to move most positions to contract work and retirement packages or perks are fading away.

My gen isn't totally hooped, but people in their 20s now entering the workforce post college, I don't know how they'll do it. Wages haven't grown worth a crap, housing is, let's be honest, insane and everything from groceries to cars are going up.. Defined benefit pensions are largely extinct, while even defined contribution pensions are fading away outside of a handful of industries.

Don't want to gripe or make a political diatribe about it, but I get how a lot of people are starting to feel hopeless.
When it costs over a 100k for an f350 work truck... yeh something is way wrong.

Shadowmeph

Yeah trucks are just crazy. Out of reach new for most people that's for sure.
kind of wish that when Ihad my accident in my truck it would have happen when the shortage started i probably would have received twice as much money for it lol I seen on lots older early 2000s doge rams going for over 19K thats a 20 yr old truck

sswilson

Staff member
For some reason amazon music has been downloading my playlists over mobile data..... :(

I'm into my second day of a new month, and I'm down to damn near zero for the rest of the month!!!!

edit: In their defence (not their fault am used all of my data) Koodo did offer a couple of data add-ons with their "you've used all of your data" message so I was able to increase my monthly data limit for $5 and will just remove the add-on next month.

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
Had plans to buy a used Zojirushi bread maker. But decided I could use the money elsewhere. So I was going to open up the Breville one I have to see if I could figure out what is causing the loud thunking. Flip it upside down and find it uses some security screw I've never seen before.

Looks like this
F0524584-02.jpg

I have multiple security bit sets but nothing like this. Why the hell does a kitchen appliance need anti-tamper screws? wtf? The screw is recessed a bit so I can't grab it with pliers. May have to use a screw extractor. How ridiculous.

Latest posts