What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

sswilson

Staff member
well I was asked if I wanted to wait or want a refund , I chose to wait for a little while. if nothing happens I guess I will ask for refund , then I have the dilemma of which other video card to buy which I am not sure what other card to pick.

What card are you RMAing?

b1lk1

It's always fun when the insurance doesn't want to pay when you've been on a 2 months sick leave.

I feel your pain. When my wife first went on permanent long term disability they cut us off for 3 1/2 months, no notice. Even when they resumed payments there was no makeup of the lost months. We nearly lost everything during that hell. Good luck!

b1lk1

What is wrong with kids today? Why do they seem to lack any respect or care of those around them? Had to chase a group of 13yr olds away from my front porch. Standing directly in front of someone's front door, maybe 10' at the most, smoking, swearing and throwing garbage IN my yard. Best part is that one street over is a huge park that they could be obnoxious in and not bother the general public.

We are seriously screwed if we don't fix these kinds of problems. If I acted that way at that age I'd still be limping......

turtletrax

Banned
What is wrong with kids today? Why do they seem to lack any respect or care of those around them? Had to chase a group of 13yr olds away from my front porch. Standing directly in front of someone's front door, maybe 10' at the most, smoking, swearing and throwing garbage IN my yard. Best part is that one street over is a huge park that they could be obnoxious in and not bother the general public.

We are seriously screwed if we don't fix these kinds of problems. If I acted that way at that age I'd still be limping......

Kids are smart. They screw up and get zero consequences, or even protected by the police it doesn't take long for the situation to escalate.

My son had to repeat grade one and the teacher was fully expecting me to have a spaz attack on her and blame her for his performance. She was teary eyed when I said I respect her for her hard work. Most parents steam roll right over their opinion now and blame anyone but themselves.

I do believe there will be a hard reset on the system within 20 years. It's gonna be ugly.

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
Completely agree with b1lk1, it's happened with every generation and keeps getting worse and worse with the entitlement and lack of consequences.
It starts with lazy parents, who won't discipline and ends with lazy kids who don't listen.

The difference is, is that "back then" 30 years ago "we would be limping". Try that shit today, and your neighbours will call the police and child services take your kids away. You get interviews and therapy before the kids can live with you again. I'm not speaking from experience, but my good friend went through this shit.

His kid, at 12 walked up to him after (I can't remember, smoking? drinking?) went about 2" from his face and said "try something dad, i'll call the police and have you thrown in jail". I'd have beaten his ass to a point. I got two small kids, and cringe at stuff that happens today.

KaptCrunch

yip the TV has no value for that what's shaping young minds today while both parents @ work to keep a home for who'$ ?

ipaine

Completely agree with b1lk1, it's happened with every generation and keeps getting worse and worse with the entitlement and lack of consequences.
It starts with lazy parents, who won't discipline and ends with lazy kids who don't listen.

The difference is, is that "back then" 30 years ago "we would be limping". Try that shit today, and your neighbours will call the police and child services take your kids away. You get interviews and therapy before the kids can live with you again. I'm not speaking from experience, but my good friend went through this shit.

His kid, at 12 walked up to him after (I can't remember, smoking? drinking?) went about 2" from his face and said "try something dad, i'll call the police and have you thrown in jail". I'd have beaten his ass to a point. I got two small kids, and cringe at stuff that happens today.

See I have seen this stuff all over and there is one giant cause of it all, people don't raise their own kids in the early years. That is the time that everything is important. Don't get me wrong external influences still happen, but if you give a good loving upbringing in the first 6-7 years you will be much more likely not to have a 12 year old yelling in your face. And I certainly don't me spoiling them, that screws them up worse, but simply telling them no and mean it. You don't have to hit, don't have to yell, get from the get go instill manners and respect in them. It really isn't that hard. Everyone thought that me and my wife were too young to be having kids and that we would do a terrible job, yet still to this day we get people, friends and strangers, asking us how we get them to be so well behaved. Oh and they get just as disgusted with the behavior of other kids there age as we do.

KaptCrunch

question when mother leaves hospital does the manual come with child

ipaine

yes diapers to age 5 is the molding time, I wonder when people say their just baby's what they know, them people shouldn't be around children period

tip my hat to you and your life partner for the respect given to your kids

Latest posts