What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

clshades

Installed this today to replace the one that failed. The specs are identical other than this one has a higher CFM and a better build quality. I get it up there, wired to the wall switches, only to discover during testing they ran the ducts wrong. Instead of sucking air out of the bathroom it's blowing air in... Right side ducting needs to be switched.

It's a complete shit show in the ceiling space to unfuck this mess. Grrrrr.

Attachments

• 20230531_133448.jpg
    20230531_133448.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 8

JD

Staff member
So far their response is lacking. Allegedly this unit is the same price. Said they'd order a sound blanket and come sometime next week to install, see if that helps the buzzing noise it's making. Apparently the install manager told the sales guy that the SA model was not available, so I have no idea why this was not communicated to me, no explanation provided. Even told him it felt like bait & switch, he was like "I wouldn't be answering the phone then" :ROFLMAO:

Called around and got quotes for this DX3SQ model today, one company had an insanely low quote at $2730, other one that is literally 1 block from the company I used said $3983. Somehow the Daikin site still lists a company that no longer does business with them which was odd. The 4th company in my area I've called before and passed on them, so didn't bother them again.

Sent a long email detailing everything, along with the price comparisons I now have. The Ontario Consumer Complaint form recommends having written correspondence. It seems I then need to notify them of my intent to file a complaint prior to filing as well.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
So far their response is lacking. Allegedly this unit is the same price. Said they'd order a sound blanket and come sometime next week to install, see if that helps the buzzing noise it's making. Apparently the install manager told the sales guy that the SA model was not available, so I have no idea why this was not communicated to me, no explanation provided. Even told him it felt like bait & switch, he was like "I wouldn't be answering the phone then" :ROFLMAO:

Called around and got quotes for this DX3SQ model today, one company had an insanely low quote at $2730, other one that is literally 1 block from the company I used said $3983. Somehow the Daikin site still lists a company that no longer does business with them which was odd. The 4th company in my area I've called before and passed on them, so didn't bother them again.

Sent a long email detailing everything, along with the price comparisons I now have. The Ontario Consumer Complaint form recommends having written correspondence. It seems I then need to notify them of my intent to file a complaint prior to filing as well.
you can report them to the BBB. only worth it if they are accredited with them though...

Reactions: JD

crazyea

It is not their right to just randomly swap in another part. If there are any substitutions to make to the original quote they should definately contact you first and send an adjusted /quote bill for your approval. Heck the bill even shows the quoted part. Thats unprofessional and honestly suspect. But if their reputation means anything to them they should promptly fix this for you.

Valkyrie

Managed 45 minutes without becoming a hood ornament, but I took mountain road off of my route. The last time they resurfaced they for some reason did not add manhole cover extenders so there's essentially a pothole every 100' at the side of the road where a bike would normally operate.
Good 'ol Mountain Road. It' great that you tried it! Come on Peloton.....:)(y)

Valkyrie

It is not their right to just randomly swap in another part. If there are any substitutions to make to the original quote they should definately contact you first and send an adjusted /quote bill for your approval. Heck the bill even shows the quoted part. Thats unprofessional and honestly suspect. But if their reputation means anything to them they should promptly fix this for you.

^^^^^

JD

Staff member
Well I guess they got the hint from the email, or they read this thread since it shows up in Google now for the model number :cool:

They called this morning and now magically have 10 units arriving, so they'll be out Tuesday to swap. Sucks that people can't just be honest and fix their mistakes without having to escalate things.

sswilson

Staff member
Well I guess they got the hint from the email, or they read this thread since it shows up in Google now for the model number :cool:

They called this morning and now magically have 10 units arriving, so they'll be out Tuesday to swap. Sucks that people can't just be honest and fix their mistakes without having to escalate things.

So.... what's your take on the whole thing now?

Outright fraud, poor business practices, or possibly even a mistake?

gingerbee

it's crazy that they thought you would just be like "Oh ok whatever" I mean think of the money they could have saved if they just talked to you about the other unit or god forbid just said "ya those units won't be in stock for a week or two and then we will install your unit"

wtf is wrong with some businesses. so dumb.

Glad you got it worked out

Latest posts