What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

gingerbee

There must be a lot of beat up cars there.
I would have to say there's a fair bit of cars beat up since I know only this I really can't say if it is more than normal for the rest of Canada, just from my front window I can see 2 neighbours who have damage to there car from parking lots/private property, across the street his door has a good dent in it ( parking lot damage ) and the neighbour next to me has the right rear bumper smashed all to hell ( zipped tied back in place ) from a parking lot at the grocery store

Well if you go to any Walmart parking lot and walk around it is very common to see bumpers with big dents or even smashed in and people never get fixed

So you can make a claim and not have your insurance go up renew each year ??? damn, that would be amazing. I understand it also depends on how many claims you have kind of like here we don't get any claim without an increase IMHE.

clshades

I would have to say there's a fair bit of cars beat up since I know only this I really can't say if it is more than normal for the rest of Canada, just from my front window I can see 2 neighbours who have damage to there car from parking lots/private property, across the street his door has a good dent in it ( parking lot damage ) and the neighbour next to me has the right rear bumper smashed all to hell ( zipped tied back in place ) from a parking lot at the grocery store

Well if you go to any Walmart parking lot and walk around it is very common to see bumpers with big dents or even smashed in and people never get fixed

So you can make a claim and not have your insurance go up renew each year ??? damn, that would be amazing. I understand it also depends on how many claims you have kind of like here we don't get any claim without an increase IMHE.
Alberta has or used to have a 1 time claim every 5 years without a claim for any kind of accident even if it was your fault. When I rear ended a guy anout 8 years ago I was 5 years without a claim and all I paid was the deductible. My insurance didn't go up.

Shadowmeph

one thing I am always peeved about is when yrs back they changed the size of parking spots in BC it started early mid 1980s when I would be able to park my old 69 Fargo truck in a spot and be able to get out without hitting any other cars , my Best friends sisters husband put in a liquor store with a mini mall on the corner of KGH and 108th ave Surrey BC around that yr I went to the liquor store was going to leave, but two cars were parked on either side of my truck in spots and I was barely able to actually walk between my truck and my cars so I had to wait for one of the drivers which was on the passenger side of my truck . Later on I was talking to my friend's sister's husband about this, he said that it was legal size spots and that also he had to have so many parking spots made it was in the contract. After that I noticed that any new places built the spots were tings like the size of the older Volkswagen could possibly fit int those spots with cars parked on either side the person if they were a small woman or child could get in and out of their car without hitting the doors ,
where I live now the parking spots are als osmall I drive an 06 lexus is350 and if there are cars tha tpark on either side of my car I can barely get in , I am 6'2" 240 LBS so I do my best to park on the ends of the lot or on the street because pretty almost every time I park there and come out there is a new scratch or ding on my doors from some asshat parked next to me . if I go to a mall or anyplace with parking spots, i just park far away and walk

moocow

You should visit the new Bentwood mall in Burnaby, BC. The morons didn't factor in the support columns when doing spot spacing. So you end up with a few spots that are way too narrow for normal cars (by today's standard). Looks like a lot of people scratched the crap of their car already. Yellow being the parking space of same size and red being the concrete column.

1714365478021.png

crazyea

You should visit the new Bentwood mall in Burnaby, BC. The morons didn't factor in the support columns when doing spot spacing. So you end up with a few spots that are way too narrow for normal cars (by today's standard). Looks like a lot of people scratched the crap of their car already. Yellow being the parking space of same size and red being the concrete column.

View attachment 40530
Certainly that's a matter of poor planning, or the unwillingness to mark those spaces off, but if people are damaging their cars that's poor driving skills or a lack of attention when parking.

Izerous

Folding Team
While it was already on the list to replace my storm door on the back entrance this spring/summer it decided to try and make a run for it this morning. (the wind decided to knock over some things too.) 20240429_081128.jpg

moocow

Certainly that's a matter of poor planning, or the unwillingness to mark those spaces off, but if people are damaging their cars that's poor driving skills or a lack of attention when parking.
Oh yeah, totally agree. With my late 90's Subaru, I can fit in there. The only people that can use those spots are effectively those driving SMART, Miata, motorcycles, and may be Fits.

FreeKnight

My last day of contract/employment is tomorrow. Gotten a couple dismal offers already, but bad enough I turned them down.

I'm so damn bored already. Even as the project finished and it slowed down, I could check emails or feel like I was doing something, now I'm just bored out of my mind. Gonna have to start working on the house or some academic upgrading or something.

sswilson

Staff member
My last day of contract/employment is tomorrow. Gotten a couple dismal offers already, but bad enough I turned them down.

I'm so damn bored already. Even as the project finished and it slowed down, I could check emails or feel like I was doing something, now I'm just bored out of my mind. Gonna have to start working on the house or some academic upgrading or something.

Are you in a position to get EI when you're between contracts?

sswilson

Staff member
1714439189064.png

This is the kind of stuff your moderation team is protecting you from....

This one's being posted at least once a day. :)

Latest posts