What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

FreeKnight

Are you in a position to get EI when you're between contracts?
Not eligible, I'm an independent contractor/consultant and don't pay into EI. I think I can, but the likelyhood of ever drawing it over the last 10 years has been so low it never made sense (and I'm not quite sure how it works when you're technically paying yourself dividends/salary via the company but not on an active contract)

Money's not really an issue I've got enough saved I could go for quite a while, it's just an awkard time where I could get lousy work tomorrow or hold off knowing there's better stuff a month or two away.

Lysrin

Maybe I'm just stunned, but did something change in the YouTube PC browser interface related to your Playlists?

I'm sure on the left menus I used to be able to click a dropdown to display all my playlists and access them directly from that left side menu. Clean, simple, no visual overload.

Now I have to click on Playlists and it opens a whole new page with tiles for all the playlists, with history and favourites and liked, and all mixed together. I have a lot of playlists, places I dump vids I want to see later, and accessing them in this visually overwhelming screen is annoying! Of course it's sorted by default as Recently Added, again not helpful imo, and you have to switch it to alphabetical.

Anyway, correct me if I'm remembering that functionality wrong, but I do not like this seemingly new system!

clshades

Maybe I'm just stunned, but did something change in the YouTube PC browser interface related to your Playlists?

I'm sure on the left menus I used to be able to click a dropdown to display all my playlists and access them directly from that left side menu. Clean, simple, no visual overload.

Now I have to click on Playlists and it opens a whole new page with tiles for all the playlists, with history and favourites and liked, and all mixed together. I have a lot of playlists, places I dump vids I want to see later, and accessing them in this visually overwhelming screen is annoying! Of course it's sorted by default as Recently Added, again not helpful imo, and you have to switch it to alphabetical.

Anyway, correct me if I'm remembering that functionality wrong, but I do not like this seemingly new system!
You are correct sir. I don't like it either.

lowfat

Staff member
A few months ago my YT layout had switched so comments were on the right side. I hated it. I had thought I had got used to it. But nope. I never realized it somehow reverted back to the old layout. :ROFLMAO:

FreeKnight

A few months ago my YT layout had switched so comments were on the right side. I hated it. I had thought I had got used to it. But nope. I never realized it somehow reverted back to the old layout. :ROFLMAO:
I'm glad YT switched it back. That right hand comment layout was crap.

gingerbee

I am still waiting for Amazon (ceva) company to contact us to pick up this wrong package and I am worried because they sent me an $80 nightstand when I was supposed to get a $600 item, luckily my wife was able to get the pics of the delivery, as it was the only proof we had they brought us the wrong item and when I was logged in the pic for whatever reason was greyed out.

They said it should only take a max of 3 days to contact us which ends tonight at midnight, I have never had something like this happen so not sure how this works and don't want to get screwed out of my $600 item but it's making me rethink any big orders through amazon anymore after I have read online of people having this happen to them then they return the wrong item only to have amazon claim they returned the wrong item and not give them the refund. Wtf amazon how does a warehouse person worker see my order and mistake it for what I got makes no sense at all, the item I ordered is 1x1.5x3 feet yet the item I got is 6 inches by 5x5 feet, I am not sure how this happens unless the warehouse workers only see the SKU number and not the order.

keeping my fingers crossed since losing $600 right now would be the icing on the cake lol

Latest posts