What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

clshades

Imperial measurements.... WTF were they thinking? And WHY did I buy my tools this way. First thing I bought was the table saw and it was in imperial. So as a dumbass I just thought I'd continue that way. It makes me so mad. Impossible to get precise measurements. What makes it worse is that that a lot of the hardware you buy is in metric. If I draw a cabinet in CAD, everything is in decimal points. So I have to download a stupid woodworking calculator on my phone to convert. 19.4" = 19 13/32". Ridiculous..... :mad:
The math is pretty simple. You multiply the decimal by the fraction you want to be closest to and round up or sometimes down.

So, .4x32 = 12.8 or 13/32.
.4x8 = 3.2 or 3/8 plus a hair lol....

Had to do this on blue prints in decimal inches and yes it fucking sucked. Anyone who didn't know the math, fucked up constantly. Most prints are metric so I always have a dual tape just in case.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
So another interesting order from Amazon 🤣 I ordered a early mother's Day gift for wifey as she loves the sound system we got that enhances dialogue. It was a $600 LG Atmos Sound Bar what arrived was a Book Case this was sold by and shopped by Amazon when I called them asked ok so this book case isn't a LG Sound System they said you can keep it and we'll dispatch another I made sure to ask make sure it's not another book case. So I took that lemon and cleaned up my area 🤣

Attachments

• 1715000043453.png
    1715000043453.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 1715000083250.png
    1715000083250.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • 1714703181881.png
    1714703181881.png
    663 KB · Views: 7

lowfat

Staff member
So another interesting order from Amazon 🤣 I ordered a early mother's Day gift for wifey as she loves the sound system we got that enhances dialogue. It was a $600 LG Atmos Sound Bar what arrived was a Book Case this was sold by and shopped by Amazon when I called them asked ok so this book case isn't a LG Sound System they said you can keep it and we'll dispatch another I made sure to ask make sure it's not another book case. So I took that lemon and cleaned up my area 🤣
At least it looks kind of nice.

clshades

Stuff like this always reminds me of Bull Durham when the pitcher hits the maskot and the radio announcer says happily, "Just a little outside"

Shadowarez

Folding Team
This feels like the first step into a homelab setup 🤣 but it's temp till I get a proper cable's need some extended display Port cables and power cable extensions.

gingerbee

well this sucks we have to put our dog down tomorrow evening (just to be clear it's not a huge surprise he is 18 years old and has bad health), he has been much slower and showing signs that his back legs don't want to work plus sleeping a lot more with a hard time breathing, so the wife took him in last night and he is in kidney failure and has a huge cancerous mass in between his lungs hence the breathing problems and sleepiness, she told me if we wait, his decline will be fast and very painful, so for the next two days he gets all the treats, breakfast was nuggets and cheeseburgers. He had a great life and a good run, but his time is up sadly.

Bond007

well this sucks we have to put our dog down tomorrow evening (just to be clear it's not a huge surprise he is 18 years old and has bad health), he has been much slower and showing signs that his back legs don't want to work plus sleeping a lot more with a hard time breathing, so the wife took him in last night and he is in kidney failure and has a huge cancerous mass in between his lungs hence the breathing problems and sleepiness, she told me if we wait, his decline will be fast and very painful, so for the next two days he gets all the treats, breakfast was nuggets and cheeseburgers. He had a great life and a good run, but his time is up sadly.
That is terrible news, but just by your statement it sounds like doggo has had a fantastic and long life. All the best to you and the family as you cope with the loss of a family member.

lowfat

Staff member
Google Assistant has been around for what 10ish years? Why is there still such a disconnect between it on a phone and everything else? Why can't I stop a timer on a different google home? I can't even set the temperature of a Nest thermostat, their own product...

Shadowarez

Folding Team
we have those next cameras and the home thing the google nest is next to useless itll lose connection randomly only way to get it to see the front camera is either unplug it wait plug it back in or cycle to the other cameras and hope it sees it.

Latest posts