What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Retailers are HOARDING Your GPU’s!

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

I Knew it, I WAS RIGHT. In fact, I was Rice. In yesterday’s video I talked about newegg and the fact that they seemed to always have their own pre-built stuffed with GPUs making it impossible for us to buy just that component.

sswilson

Staff member
Ebay is chalk full of Alienware and Lenovo Legion, HP Omen towers, all without a GPU.

I mentioned this in the other thread too, its nuts.

-ST

I dunno about the other manufacturers, but Dell mainly uses "F" processors in their gaming desktops so you don't even get onboard when you strip out the GPU.

That said.... guilty as charged.... I bought a G5 desktop mainly to get my hands on a 5700 XT, although I don't intend on stripping the card and selling the left over bits.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I dunno about the other manufacturers, but Dell mainly uses "F" processors in their gaming desktops so you don't even get onboard when you strip out the GPU.

That said.... guilty as charged.... I bought a G5 desktop mainly to get my hands on a 5700 XT, although I don't intend on stripping the card and selling the left over bits.

Dell for sure.

The rest are a mixed bag. I see some models with i5's that are the F class, and the same model using an i7 does not have that so.
Still , its crazy that we are in a place that we have to order towers to strip out GPU's.

I hope it crashes into oblivion and then all these people are stuck with their towers.

-ST

Latest posts